New Everton Stadium

View attachment 174148

That's the difference in height 7 feet, if we hadn't been told I doubt we would have notice.
Due to the rationalisation of the roof structure as described in 4.1.1, the overall building height has been reduced. In the scheme submitted in December 2019 the maximum building height was 46.86m from the Level 00 floor finish level (FFL).

The updated scheme has a maximum height of 44.75m from Level 00 FFL. This means that the building is categorised as a mid-rise building according to the LCC World Heritage Site Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)

Ultimately not a great deal was changed in the end, the multi storey car park by the river would have been a bit of a waste having a stadium on the waterfront, I don't see why an underground car park couldn't have been built instead. When that was moved into the West stand like you say it made the whole stadium lopsided so it being removed to help with symmetry was a good move imho.

After we went down from the 60k proposed designs to what it is now I think the roof was slightly lowered more out of value engineering than anything else. It was only 2 metres and that is only at the very end, it would have been roughly 1 metre at the middle and so on. It's easier to manufacture and install say 20 trusses that are exactly the same size than it is to have each one progressively taller than the last. It's then easier to go back to the original architect to inform them that we've messed with their design due to objections from the green cardigan brigade, hence the narrative.
Can't recall exactly where, but I'm pretty sure the points highlighted in your post is exactly what was said in the Design & Access Statement addenda. Less costly and more straightforward from a manufacture/engineering/construction aspect.

Can't recall exactly where, but I'm pretty sure the points highlighted in your post is exactly what was said in the Design & Access Statement addenda. Less costly and more straightforward from a manufacture/engineering/construction aspect.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220718-175449_Adobe Acrobat.webp
    Screenshot_20220718-175449_Adobe Acrobat.webp
    175.3 KB · Views: 203
If you haven't seen it yet, here's my latest drone footage taken yesterday evening

It's absolutely beautiful. The camera work is fabulous - looks like there's a filter to make it look perfect.
For a building site it's cleaner than my garden.
My missus just said ' I bet you'd like to work on it' and she's right. If only to lay a couple of bricks.
For all their faults this would not be happening without Mosh and Bill ( and maybe Uzzie ). It's the best and most important off field development for us ever.

The stadium we played at last night looks quite fitting for us with blue seats and tiers. Obviously it's a different design but
looking at fans pics on Twitter from the game it looks awesome only wish ours will look similar. I just saw its capacity it's 70,000. If only!

View attachment 174215
Biggest stadium isn’t necessarily the best. You can have a 90k stadium but you can’t have 90,000 good seats. A more intimate place with the right people is better. Centre Court is small but if you’ve got the future King and Jack Nicholson in there it’s the envy of everyone.

I went past earlier had a look in person for the first time. Got chatting to a couple of guys. Definitely looks wider than I thought viewing from the west side. I would advise anyone to take a look you get a different perspective.

The stadium we played at last night looks quite fitting for us with blue seats and tiers. Obviously it's a different design but
looking at fans pics on Twitter from the game it looks awesome only wish ours will look similar. I just saw its capacity it's 70,000. If only!

View attachment 174215
Very nice stadium indeed but lack of any cover a slight issue for a riverside northern U.K. location. Huge number and variety of food and beverage concessions on the concourse too.

The fly past pregame by 4 A-10’s low over the stadium right after the anthem was awesome as they say here. Quite the novelty

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back