New Everton Stadium

Looks really good tbh…..

In the eye of the beholder.

My point stands: wtf are we using a reference to a man's work form 130 odd years ago - a man who used to knock that truss out at most grounds he worked on in the era he was working in?

It's 'kin bizzare.

My point stands: wtf are we using a reference to a man's work form 130 odd years ago - a man who used to knock that truss out at most grounds he worked on in the era he was working in?

It's 'kin bizzare.

It may be Dave, it may have no obvious meaning to many who visit the ground, but tbf it looks quite good, it breaks up the brickwork and gives those that know, ie us, a reference point from where we came. It’s a nice touch, and it looks good. I’m not sure what else we could want…..

It may be Dave, it may have no obvious meaning to many who visit the ground, but tbf it looks quite good, it breaks up the brickwork and gives those that know, ie us, a reference point from where we came. It’s a nice touch, and it looks good. I’m not sure what else we could want…..
If it were the Tower on the badge I might accept that point. THAT is peculiar to Everton. Criss cross trusses are NOT.

There's something horribly mawkish (and clueless) about some of the *traditions* that surround this club.

This facade is a fail of epic proportions.

Of course, I accept the stadium will be a great leap forward and is an overall success we can all feel pride in. But that face of the building is an embarrassment to me....and the fact that it doesn't even keep its own integrity but is broken up by plain metal panels adds insult to injury.

It's neither here nor there as a statement.

Meis dropped one massive bollock with that.

It's 'kin bizzare.
You posted a lengthy article a week or so ago on the challenges fans have in adapting to new grounds. If I recall the article was focused on Man City. Little touches like this can surely help the process for some

If it were the Tower on the badge I might accept that point. THAT is peculiar to Everton. Criss cross trusses are NOT.

There's something horribly mawkish (and clueless) about some of the *traditions* that surround this club.

Of course, I accept the stadium will be a great leap forward and is an overall success we can all feel pride in. But that face of the building is an embarrassment to me....and the fact that it doesn't even keep its own integrity but is broken up by plain metal panels adds insult to injury.

Fair enough, but let’s see when it’s done and built. We can’t change or affect it, it’s a done deal…..

You posted a lengthy article a week or so ago on the challenges fans have in adapting to new grounds. If I recall the article was focused on Man City. Little touches like this can surely help the process for some

Of course fans will adapt to everything in the end. That doesn't make a virtue out of needlessly shooting yourself in the foot though, does it?

Yawn

…personally, I love the links with days gone by, they weren’t all as miserable as they are now & it’s great future generations of Toffees ‘know their history’.

i reckon in reality you‘re quite giddy about the crisis-cross.
No @Eggs, Dave is quit right. We don't want our brand new stadium being spoiled by a nod to history. What we should have is something bang up to date.
How about bright pink bricks with the pattern of the away shirt picked out in blue. What do you reckon @davek ?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back