New Everton Stadium

Luscious Cantilevers, how many championship sides have stadiums with Cantilevers? Everton that.
cropped-58655491_2381155358771579_8959443131124678656_n.webp

While we are asking the engineers questions, does anyone know why this support is doubled up? Is it just a temporary measure to hold weight that will be removed once the roof is in?

View attachment 179504

no mate if you look at the finished stadium pictured from the front on the next page of this thread, ( page 5740) there seems to be two of those doubled beams each inner side of the front of the stadium.

While we are asking the engineers questions, does anyone know why this support is doubled up? Is it just a temporary measure to hold weight that will be removed once the roof is in?

View attachment 179504
I noticed this last week an it was really annoying me. But it seems to be where the corners meet the straight there is an extra support. The North stand is the same but not as noticeable as beams are black.

I noticed this last week an it was really annoying me. But it seems to be where the corners meet the straight there is an extra support. The North stand is the same but not as noticeable as beams are black.

Suspect it will be the position of movement/expansion joints in the structure, hence the double columns, one either side of the joint.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back