New Everton Stadium

Surprisingly, all of these calculations are built into the structural design and can be handled. All structures have a resonance, a 'rhythm' that once matched will create this effect. As part of structural design they will calculate the frequencies and tweak the structure around that to increase or decrease the frequency of the building. These are wrongly designed at time, and one of the most famous examples was the millenium bridge in London, which suffered due to the fact that its frequency matched nearly perfectly the rhythm of people walking. Once that little sway starts the public found themselves all matching each others strides as their bodys dealt with the movement, that exacerbated the effect.

Wind can also cause it, on bridges specifically, to quite horrifying outcomes.

As much as I respect structural engineering I would trust my eyes & instincts first.

I remember taking my 1st flight , looking out of the cabin window and seeing the wings moving , crapped it tbh. But theres not a lot you can do at 35 thousand feet .

Seeing the concrete & metal moving as in the video , if i was aware of it i'd sooner not be in that stand.
Just human nature i suppose.

I went to see boca juniors vs River plate at la bombanera and the river plate fans were in the section above us bouncing like maniacs. The whole concourse above was lurching above and down. I thought I was gonna get squashed.

As an aside, Argentinian fans have better chants. I heard a continual 90 minute shanty in perfect harmony describing the opposition fans' sister's vagina
I've also been there for this match. The whole place was moving.

2F742D4F-1BA0-46CC-8F08-99A287CBD8E9.webp

The old and the new.

Last edited:
A profit machine?? Might want to look at the last few years' accounts, mate.
Care to share? Where does one get a look at that info? We are really hurting as a club.
I guess they’re not kidding when they say building the stadium is going to send us to the championship. Meanwhile Brighton and Hove Albion have a paid for their stadium and made a profit off the sales of Ben White, Cucurella, and Bissouma. They also beat United Week one.
Who’s the captain in charge of the ship that is Everton FC? Too many cooks in the kitchen spoils the pot. We’re really headed for dark times at this rate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back