New Everton Stadium

yeah the guy himself denied involvement in the slave trade but some Doris 150 years later manages to find a tenuous link. Our whole country 'benefitted from thew slave trade'.

trying a bit hard there.

The whole country did indeed benefit. The railway boom happened on the back of the huge amounts of compensation paid out to slave owners by the UK government when slavery was abolished. Lots of this money funded the building of the UK's railway network by private companies. Don't catch a train whatever you do, you'll be implicated.

On a broader note, the narrative this week on various websites seems to be the Anny Road invented training shoes in the 1970's whilst Everton FC were responsible for slavery.

20221109_133210.webp
20221109_133218.webp
20221109_133305.webp

20221109_133314.webp

Roof truss is up North stand lads....

Let Liverpool build a new stadium on it is the correct answer. Only then will any historical discretion's be considered not applicable to the current incumbents.
If they built a stadium there, they would be talking about how they are taking the land back and giving it to the people of the city, further distancing the city from its troublesome past and wiping out any reference to the evil tyrants that came before. In short, it would be seen as an act of triumph.

Its all very see through.

Given that its a huge Kopite wind-up story can we have reference to this 'Bramley Moore' stuff out of the thread?

I get the feeling that Kopite freak Hughes and his cohorts from the Anfield Wrap are viewing this thread and pissing themselves at the amount of irritation it's causing.

Maybe restrict the 'topic' to a forum they cant get access to and not many are interested in visiting like the Forum Supporter Lounge? Just keep this thread for the stadium build.

I repeat my earlier appeal too: anyone subscribing to The Arthritic - dont. That rag is taking the utter piss. And O'Keeffe and Boyland have proven themselves to be pathetic enablers for this story. The pair of 'kin cowards.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back