New Everton Stadium

Just tried googling so thanks for that I'll take your word for it.

Fingers crossed then.

Pro's:

New stadium - excellent facilities
Good location: Dockside, City Central'ish, Area getting investment - should have improved and green transport links.
Fan zone - each stadium needs to have a near by fan zone, ours has one right outside the stadium.

Cons:

Capacity.... but I think they like having a few with lower capacity.

I think they'll go for city's due to capacity and investment in the area. Hopefully the new stadium and area for us will work in our favor. Fans will most likely have to fight over the home end though!
Quite a few international tournaments use 'smaller' stadia.

Most of the ones in Qatar only hold 40k.

All but three of the 10 stadiums used in France for Euro 2016 had smaller capacities than Bramley Moore. One even had a capacity of 33k!

20221116_160255.webp

20221116_160214.webp
20221116_160558.webp
20221116_160549.webp

Taken just now. Loads of work on East stand, terracing going in on North East corner, roof truss prep work along South stand.

Had the pleasure of meeting Barry @Noggsy blue while I was there.
Nice fella.
We fanboy'd together ?

Unless they are planning putting seats on the Hill I can't see it being used.
No seats on the hill because the railway line runs behind it and any ground near it is not owned by the GAA.The Dubs see it as the home end and would object to it been seated. I always thought it was left that way as a mark of respect for the fans murdered on Bloody Sunday 1920.

Quite a few international tournaments use 'smaller' stadia.

Most of the ones in Qatar only hold 40k.

All but three of the 10 stadiums used in France for Euro 2016 had smaller capacities than Bramley Moore. One even had a capacity of 33k!

But if you had the opportunity for bigger stadia then would they? I think previous tournaments wasn't by choice.

Between us and city. Etihad campus is pretty dead tbh so I think we should get it.

No seats on the hill because the railway line runs behind it and any ground near it is not owned by the GAA.The Dubs see it as the home end and would object to it been seated. I always thought it was left that way as a mark of respect for the fans murdered on Bloody Sunday 1920.

Not so mate seats have been installed on the HiIl in the past, when the International football team played there in the noughties they installed them.

1668616692505.png

1668616805030.webp

Thanks for that , just shows how long its been since i was in Croke park.

Was 2007 to be fair and it hurts my eyes! lol

The biggest issue i would see, is that Football pitch is far smaller then a Gaelic football pitch and Croker is built for Gaelic Games. You couldn't play any Gaelic Games in the Aviva or Wembley for example, they are to small.

This does look awful a Football match on Croke Parks Gaelic Pitch, shows how small a Football pitch is though compared to a Gaelic Football Pitch:

1668617269189.png

Last edited:

They might put some temporary seating in, if it's left empty it wouldn't look good on TV though which might put Uefa off using it.

Edit just seen post above.

Don't know about that, Croke Park is the third biggest stadium in Europe and second on that list & Casement Park isn't built yet amid years of wobblily planning and political infighting.

It would be a bit smaller capacity without the standing on the hill which would put it in the ball park of OT and Principality. Imho Ireland have to make that choice whether they want the Aviva or Croke and seeing as the FAI is linked with the Aviva then surely Croke won't be on the final bid.

Two stadiums basically a stone's throw away from each other is a bit of a waste, no matter how good they both are.

But if you had the opportunity for bigger stadia then would they? I think previous tournaments wasn't by choice.

Between us and city. Etihad campus is pretty dead tbh so I think we should get it.
You have to remember that with these tournaments not every game is Brazil vs Argentina or England vs Germany. There often won't be a huge demand for tickets especially in the group stages. I've been to a couple of games in the euros. Wales vs Russia and Ireland vs Italy. Whilst the Welsh and the Irish came in huge numbers the Russians and Italians didn't. The stadium looked relatively full but there were still plenty of empty seats, from memory both stadiums held 30-35k.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back