New Everton Stadium

I might start going to matches again if the corporate box packages are decent.

If I can go to a match, but close the doors and put something else on the TV while eating and drinking my fill, then I’ll be very interested. It also means that I can say that ‘I was there’ when we scrape a decent result once in a blue moon, but I don’t actually have to watch many games or listen to the moaning.
We need to know if the boxes have blackout blinds and triple glazing to block out the boos.

I've always had my doubts about the stadium costs. Owners often beef them up to exaggerate the quality (and probably boost any sell on value), and to temper the fans desire to "go big".... so that they can control prices by limiting supply, as at Juventus. At the time of the proposals Feyenoord were quoting £400m for a structurally more complex 63k, triple-tier stadium, with closing roof and also on partly reclaimed land. Moshiri's own design for Roma was quoted as €300m for the same capacity, but again in many ways a structurally more complex design.... so, it was slightly difficult to see how our slightly more structurally basic 53k stadium was costing so much more. That's before the owner said the costs had risen by 50% post covid, which the club itself now denies.... of course project and construction costs are different, but often conflated to misrepresent.

He multi-talented is old Mosh

In regards to corporate packages, apparently someone who's in the Alex Young suite was contacted a few weeks ago, the equivalent in the new stadium is almost treble in price, also they wanted them to commit for 3 seasons, paying a 10% deposit

In regards to corporate packages, apparently someone who's in the Alex Young suite was contacted a few weeks ago, the equivalent in the new stadium is almost treble in price, also they wanted them to commit for 3 seasons, paying a 10% deposit

That price will come down when not enough commit to it at those prices.

Not as if we’re in a cost of living crisis

Yeah they were looking for long term commitment and In typical Everton manner They were ringing around day after headlock on the back of a that loss .

On a side note , my favourite part of Goodison used to be the old main stand it was a great atmosphere in it and visually impressive when in another part of the ground.
Always disliked the new main stand , it was a downgrade visually and atmospherically and it’s cost had a detrimental impact on our immediate future.

I always thought we’d built the Main Stand on the cheap? It certainly looked that way when just a few years later Chelsea built their triple decker stand cantilevered (though in fairness it did nearly bankrupt them!)

Some of the views from the back of our main stand are horrific with all the stanchions.

6F7629B4-C04E-49D8-AE2B-1AE7389B2DA2.webp

I always thought we’d built the Main Stand on the cheap? It certainly looked that way when just a few years later Chelsea built their triple decker stand cantilevered (though in fairness it did nearly bankrupt them!)

Some of the views from the back of our main stand are horrific with all the stanchions.
Main Stand is awful. I can't wait to see that stand demolished in particular.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back