New Everton Stadium

Surely a job of this size should have a seven day workforce? Went past this morning on the way to Costco and the site was completely shut.
I’m genuinely shocked there isn’t a packed workforce on the weekends.

The only thing I can presume is that Laing O’Rourke won’t pay the premium for weekend works.

Spurs stadium was working long shifts, 7 days a week for quite a while.

I’m sure the electricians in there were earning insane money at one point.

It does look small in comparison to the other stands.

It’s still taller than the existing Gwladys Street though.

It's taller because it is steeper. Not because it is bigger in terms of rows.

Gwladys St is 58 rows. I think the North Stand will be just 43rows. That's less than the old Anfield Rd end, which will have 86 rows next season.

It does include the corners Tom, but that's the capacity of the North Stand. It is what it is, corners included.

Regarding sound, I'd say the roof in the Brighton away end is similar distance away from fans. Didn't seem to stop 4k Evertonians nearly bringing it down through sheer volume

I think on average the North stand will be much higher than at Brighton's away end. On special occasion even a roofless stand might be noisy, but the configuration isn't ideal with a relatively low number of rows under a very high roof of little to no acoustic catchment.

It's taller because it is steeper. Not because it is bigger in terms of rows.

Gwladys St is 58 rows. I think the North Stand will be just 43rows. That's less than the old Anfield Rd end, which will have 86 rows next season.
Puts our ground down.

Bigs up Anfield (despite absolutely no one mentioning Anfield)

Never change Tom…

I think on average the North stand will be much higher than at Brighton's away end. On special occasion even a roofless stand might be noisy, but the configuration isn't ideal with a relatively low number of rows under a very high roof of little to no acoustic catchment.
Are you an Acoustic Engineer?

Puts our ground down.

Bigs up Anfield (despite absolutely no one mentioning Anfield)

Never change Tom…

The discussion was about our smaller end stand. Someone else said they were disappointed with it.

I was merely stating the facts.... feel free to dispute them.

The reference to the Anfield Rd end was simply illustrative.....

I’m genuinely shocked there isn’t a packed workforce on the weekends.

The only thing I can presume is that Laing O’Rourke won’t pay the premium for weekend works.

Spurs stadium was working long shifts, 7 days a week for quite a while.

I’m sure the electricians in there were earning insane money at one point.
I did a bit of quantity surveying in a previous life and the simple fact is that the more hours worked, the lower the PR and obviously a much higher cost. Makes no economic sense to engage in premium time activities if you have a clear construction plan based on basic hours.

No, but I have studied stadium/arena acoustics in the past.
In what sense and to what extent? As a passing interest or are you professionally qualified?

Reason I ask is that in all I've read about the new stadium, everything suggests that it has been designed to maximise crowd noise and the consultants have carried out extensive acoustic modelling which included the performance/specification for the roof.

There were surveys done of the noise generated at GP and this used as a benchmark for BM.

However, you have suggested multiple times that it will be poor acoustically.

The discussion was about our smaller end stand. Someone else said they were disappointed with it.

I was merely stating the facts.... feel free to dispute them.

The reference to the Anfield Rd end was simply illustrative.....
I don’t think I’ll be doing that, Tom.

I don’t take anything you say seriously since you stated Goodison had loads of empty seats and there is no demand for tickets.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back