New Everton Stadium

ok you all know my take on the ground

i want a good team to be in it!

WILL coming in to it change us for the better?

I've said before Matty it is a huge change for us and needed for us to ever compete. We've had a matchday income of around 15 million for a while, this is similar to us that have much smaller grounds than us. It's possible we could get 45-60 million from the new stadium and that is cash that can go into the team to pay 5 decent player's salaries.

You can't just expect to do the same thing and suddenly jump into a different world. You need a catalyst and hopefully this ground will be ours.

Yeah, looks like it. Maybe something that the rows of seats will anchor to
I always assumed that the seats would be one of the last things to be done, but maybe I'm wrong. If they start fitting them soon I'll be made up. Will give us a better idea of what the new place will look like when it's ready.

….wonder if they’ll put a crest on the roof. Lots of air traffic come through that route, it gets our name out there & we don’t want folk thinking it’s the Pit.
The planning docs have space reserved on the east and west stand roofs for signage.

I imagine that they were thinking at least partially of sponsorship when it was designed, and maybe they just want pre-approval of the option of roof signage, but I guess we’ll see what they do with it in time.

The planning docs have space reserved on the east and west stand roofs for signage.

I imagine that they were thinking at least partially of sponsorship when it was designed, and maybe they just want pre-approval of the option of roof signage, but I guess we’ll see what they do with it in time.

….makes sense, thanks for the response.

No, trackless trams are not buses (or trolley buses). They are being pioneered in China and are much bigger than buses, carrying 280+ passengers each. They have no track, nor overhead line, so have much lower capital costs than traditional trams, but with similar or better performance (around towns, due to rubber wheels), and far greater flexibility. They are battery powered, with charge topped up at some stops or the terminus. They are guided by painted lines on the road or a small conductor embedded in it, to give potential for autonomous running.

There has been a system spoken about for Liverpool (the Lime Line) connecting the whole waterfront, with a spine running through the city centre up to the "knowledge quarter". If segregated routes could be identified, I think this could really help to pull BMD into the city centre properly.
Every day is a school day.

I guess the term trackless tram has evolved since I first heard it.

Cheers.

No, trackless trams are not buses (or trolley buses). They are being pioneered in China and are much bigger than buses, carrying 280+ passengers each. They have no track, nor overhead line, so have much lower capital costs than traditional trams, but with similar or better performance (around towns, due to rubber wheels), and far greater flexibility. They are battery powered, with charge topped up at some stops or the terminus. They are guided by painted lines on the road or a small conductor embedded in it, to give potential for autonomous running.

There has been a system spoken about for Liverpool (the Lime Line) connecting the whole waterfront, with a spine running through the city centre up to the "knowledge quarter". If segregated routes could be identified, I think this could really help to pull BMD into the city centre properly.

So effectively a bus guided by paint.

Managed to swing by yesterday on the way back from Ribble Valley.

20230812_093515.webp

….wonder if they’ll put a crest on the roof. Lots of air traffic come through that route, it gets our name out there & we don’t want folk thinking it’s the Pit.
Usually they land over runcorn way I thought and take off a bit further south, although once I took off and backed round to the right, giving a great view of GP

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back