New Everton Stadium

Only a half an hour walk from Moorfields

On some days, be better to do that than try and jump the train from Sandhills
Bank Hall is 20–25 minutes, too. I'm with you regarding the congestion as the report says it can currently hold 3,000 per hour, with it looking to double that.

Considering the location of the new ground and how transport reports will be less diverse, it's not going to be comfortable.

Bank Hall is 20–25 minutes, too. I'm with you regarding the congestion as the report says it can currently hold 3,000 per hour, with it looking to double that.

Considering the location of the new ground and how transport reports will be less diverse, it's not going to be comfortable.

It just isn't a main station, its a buffer - so god knows what happens when another train breaks down too, because they use Sandhills to fix things with the split track

For the first few games in the summer, will definitely just walk back to town instead of trying to get a train from Sandhills

It just isn't a main station, its a buffer - so god knows what happens when another train breaks down too, because they use Sandhills to fix things with the split track

For the first few games in the summer, will definitely just walk back to town instead of trying to get a train from Sandhills
I think for most games, unless it's absolutely chucking it down, I'll be heading towards town for the train from Moorfields unless I stay in the ground for a while.

I usually have a pint or two after the match, but I'm unsure how that will pan out - where we'll go etc. But, in the depths of winter with my son who walks slower?

Well, I don't think it's always going to be overly pretty, so it's important they improve Sandhills or install the station between the two that's been discussed.*

It needs to be safe, have covering and allow trains to actually pick up lots of passengers quickly.

*It's very unlikely this will occur any time soon, if ever.

Just think a lot of folks are in for a shock as to how bad the train situation will be - Sandhills gets super busy on normal days now

A lot of fans will live near a train station and even with a delay on the way home before they can board a train, rail will still be easily their best option. A train is just so much quicker than a bus, particularly a bus that will be stuck in traffic. The time saving including the waiting time re. train v bus increases the further out on the Merseyrail network you live.

In any case, I expect a lot of fans will stay behind in the stadium for a drink after the match, it's not as if everyone who's getting a train will head there at the final whistle.

I think one thing they need to think about is some kind of temporary canopy they can put up for queueing fans on a match day when bad weather is predicted.

A lot of fans will live near a train station and even with a delay on the way home before they can board a train, rail will still be easily their best option. A train is just so much quicker than a bus, particularly a bus that will be stuck in traffic. The time saving including the waiting time re. train v bus increases the further out on the Merseyrail network you live.

In any case, I expect a lot of fans will stay behind in the stadium for a drink after the match, it's not as if everyone who's getting a train will head there at the final whistle.

I think one thing they need to think about is some kind of temporary canopy they can put up for queueing fans on a match day when bad weather is predicted.

I'm just ultimately very skeptical about changes. I've gotten the train to many grounds around the country and a lot are in good positions with train stations - both central types and along the network. Sandhills isn't

The canopy is certainly too small but that's the least of its worries. The tunnel they currently have will be dangerous with people trying to get up the stairs from the match - especially anyone bevied and running for a train

I'm just ultimately very skeptical about changes. I've gotten the train to many grounds around the country and a lot are in good positions with train stations - both central types and along the network. Sandhills isn't

The canopy is certainly too small but that's the least of its worries. The tunnel they currently have will be dangerous with people trying to get up the stairs from the match - especially anyone bevied and running for a train
Yeah. That's a good point. A lot of how well it works on a match day will be down to how well staffed the station and immediate area around it is. I'm assuming that one of the key things will be limiting the number of people allowed to be in the station at any one time. The queueing I was referring to will be down at street level. It has to be marshalled well or it won't work and could potentially be dangerous.

Yeah. That's a good point. A lot of how well it works on a match day will be down to how well staffed the station and immediate area around it is. I'm assuming that one of the key things will be limiting the number of people allowed to be in the station at any one time. The queueing I was referring to will be down at street level. It has to be marshalled well or it won't work and could potentially be dangerous.
That station looks like it will be a nightmare especially after the match. That's a huge amount of people converging on it in a matter of minutes.

Personally ( normally travel by car from South of Liverpool) I'll jump the train to Moorfields earlier , have a drink or 2 then 30/35 minute walk up.
After the game I'll walk back into town and have a few more pints without the hassle & get the train later.
Personally can't wait tbh.

IMG_6228.webp

IMG_6234.webp

I took this today. First time I've seen where it edge's over the tobacco warehouse for height. Anyone who knows this building will know how high and imposing it is.

Also, if you didn't know Everton were building a stadium, you wouldn't know it was a stadium as it blends in with it's surroundings. Once finished it'll be more clearer and especially at night. But I thought it was quite cool that it didn't look out of place as a new build.
1000007181.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back