New Everton Stadium

I have just had to goto the Liverpool shop at Anfield with my wife, who unfortunately is a Liverpool fan, and honestly I was amazed. It was a Tuesday at around lunchtime and there were people everywhere, the shop was choka, there are food vans outside, an ice cream van, people absailing off the side of the ground, I was honestly gobsmacked.

This is what we are missing, this new stadium, which I also drove past on the way, needs to bring us uoto date with everything that earns clubs money. I couldn’t believe the size of their shop. A thing saying the champions wall on the side, we should have something similar. I’ve stayed overnight at a hotel in town and during that time I’ve seen two cruise ships. I spoke to my mrs outside their ground and there’s a big piece of wasteland which I said to her ‘that’s a bit tacky’, she replied with ‘we’ve just bought that’. I just hope Everton are doing the small around Bramley Moore. They should be buying land and buildings to lease them out to businesses.

Everything around this stadium needs to ram Everton down your throat. I honestly can’t believe how far ahead LIverpool are than us. It’s crazy.
Other similar problems we have, I went in to Sports Direct (Southport) with my daughter the other day. Liverpool kits everywhere. Arsenal. Chelsea. PSG ffs!!! No Everton kits to be seen anywhere... Pathetic.

I have just had to goto the Liverpool shop at Anfield with my wife, who unfortunately is a Liverpool fan, and honestly I was amazed. It was a Tuesday at around lunchtime and there were people everywhere, the shop was choka, there are food vans outside, an ice cream van, people absailing off the side of the ground, I was honestly gobsmacked.

This is what we are missing, this new stadium, which I also drove past on the way, needs to bring us uoto date with everything that earns clubs money. I couldn’t believe the size of their shop. A thing saying the champions wall on the side, we should have something similar. I’ve stayed overnight at a hotel in town and during that time I’ve seen two cruise ships. I spoke to my mrs outside their ground and there’s a big piece of wasteland which I said to her ‘that’s a bit tacky’, she replied with ‘we’ve just bought that’. I just hope Everton are doing the small around Bramley Moore. They should be buying land and buildings to lease them out to businesses.

Everything around this stadium needs to ram Everton down your throat. I honestly can’t believe how far ahead LIverpool are than us. It’s crazy.

They operate on a whole different level to us nowadays. Their fanbase and income dwarfs ours many times over. Unfortunately, the stadium alone won't fix that. However, the hope is that it will help facilitate the types of changes needed to get us back up there..... not least attracting new wealthy and business-savvy owners to start bridging those gaps. My overwhelming feelings (apart from nausea) whenever I go to Anfield, is that I can't believe it's not the size of the Bernabeu. Maybe that lack of ambition or foresight on their part, will one day backfire on them.... and in some way leave the door open for us to claw back our status.

I don't know why we are a***d about how many shirts they sell. I am bothered about how many we sell, however. They are a world wide brand and we aren't. Let's be honest, most Evertonians like it like that. Who'd want Everton to have a load of whoppers you see walking round town with brand new shirts and a map telling them where the ground is like they do? They only push up the prices and deny true supporters a ticket. I'd hate that.

What we do need to do is make the best of ourselves, something we don't do at the moment. The commercial side is pathetic. Let's hope that changes with a takeover and a ground move. I'm sure with good management we could easily double, treble, quadruple what we make from shirt sales etc

Being Everton FC and not a brand club suits me fine. A new home down on the river and a more traditional fan base is alright by me.

On another note, as Tom aludes to above that crowd are stuck in a higgeldy piggledy stadium which should hold another 20,000 more but probably never will do because you can't get there by public transport. If they'd have had any sense, they'd have moved from Anfield 20 odd years ago. Thank God they decided to stay.

Was down there yesterday, no signs of work but quite a few on sight, probably doing pre-checks is my guess. A lot of people paying respects and dropping off flowers and shirts.

Also if you go the gate which isn't boarded up and look to the right of it, you can see the original dug up track lines ready to be put in when it comes to it. I think they're a great feature at the other docks. Albert dock has a few and the side of the tobacco warehouse and the canoe club as seen below:

Docktracks .webp

tobactracks.webp

The council own that land outside Anfield.

It’s meant to be something for the community, think they’re deciding exactly what it will be at the moment

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back