New Everton Stadium

Seen it mentioned by some but was anyone else sickened by the sky commentator and co commentator taking this piss out of Sean Dyches black arm band yesterday?

Totally inappropriate and in bad taste given the circumstances. Sadly one of those involved was an ex Everton player too.

I hope the club make a formal complaint on behalf of the poor lad and his family.
I know its not the Sky Commentator thread, but homestly, i thought the entire commentary from the 2 of them was so needlessly biased against us. We were poor, yes, but the whole thing was so negative. They didnt shut up about Villas injuries, yet we lost 2 of most important players during the game and were already without McNeil.

We did not turn up yesterday, and it was not our day, but it was so anti Evertone the whole way through it just smacked of an agenda. We made 3 individual errors. That was the difference.

The Uni should make him resign over that.
Despicable.
I wouldn't want to see anyone get the sack over silly comments.

However, I think they should be viewing that tweet as part of a simmering feud Maguire has been conducting against EFC over the past 12 months or so.

Everton are a blue chip Merseyside institution, which I'm sure the University of Liverpool view themselves as too. They both, along with Liverpool FC, are important loci of cultural capital that are critical to the success of the city. They should ask themselves then whether it's in everyone's interests for one of their employees to be publicly rowing with and undermining Everton FC.

In my opinion Maguire has become a loose cannon and needs to be censured in order to stop further reputation damage.

Ok so I ordered a flower thingymajig today for me to leave at the stadium from all who use the forum and are unable to get there themselves.

Nothing too big or flash, just something to pass on all your condolences to Michael's family, from our family.

💙
Haven't been around for a few days so have only just seen this but, well in mate.
You're a credit to the forum.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back