New Everton Stadium

Don't think those black framed windows are staying mate unless there's been a design change. I'm pretty sure the way the all black panelling looks on the West Stand is how it's going to look all the way around.

Hope I'm wrong like and rheuve made a design change as I think the framing of the windows on the North and South stands looks boss as well.
I'm pretty sure the plan remains to cover both those solid black panels and the glass windows with perforated aluminium panels as per the planning application, to give it a consistent appearance.

There are a couple of options in the East Stand being sold but they cost more than the lower range options in Village Street.

The cheapest cash bar hospitality option currently costs more than £1600 a season at Goodison so it was always likely that any new hospitality packages were going to cost more than that.

I would guess the cheapest standard season tickets would be 800 up to around 1300, so I couldn't see anything being lower than 1500 anyhow.

Shame isn't it as it looks great with the windows I reckon.
To be honest, I'd like to see those perforated aluminium panels in place before making a judgement.

One thing I will say, though, is that whatever they use, they ought to look consistent. I don't like the idea of the solid black panels on the West Stand and the windows on the South Stand both being the final outward material.

To be honest, I'd like to see those perforated aluminium panels in place before making a judgement.

One thing I will say, though, is that whatever they use, they ought to look consistent. I don't like the idea of the solid black panels on the West Stand and the windows on the South Stand both being the final outward material.

I thought they were just going to get covered by the same solid black panels we see on the West Stand (which I'm not a big fan of I must admit).

I'll be happy if that isn't the case but like you, interested to see the final look.

I thought they were just going to get covered by the same solid black panels we see on the West Stand (which I'm not a big fan of I must admit).

I'll be happy if that isn't the case but like you, interested to see the final look.
I think the ones on the West Stand are just blanking plates, aren’t they? I could be wrong, but I imagine they are solid material and so I don’t see how (or rather why!) they’d cover windows with that.

Don't think those black framed windows are staying mate unless there's been a design change. I'm pretty sure the way the all black panelling looks on the West Stand is how it's going to look all the way around.

Hope I'm wrong like and rheuve made a design change as I think the framing of the windows on the North and South stands looks boss as well.
Must admit I was expecting those perforated metal panel and wasn’t keen when the black frames started going in, but nows there’s more of them I do think it looks good. Not dissimilar to the Titanic Hotel

I think the ones on the West Stand are just blanking plates, aren’t they? I could be wrong, but I imagine they are solid material and so I don’t see how (or rather why!) they’d cover windows with that.

Good shout mate, hopefully they're just temporary.

I think @muckers is back on the job tomorrow. Can you try and find out for us mate if those big black panels on the West Stand are just temporary atm

I would guess the cheapest standard season tickets would be 800 up to around 1300, so I couldn't see anything being lower than 1500 anyhow.

If these are accurate highest and lowest standard season tickets for all prem clubs....

That might be a bit steep for GA season tickets. I'd assume that there would still have to be heavily reduced concessions for kids, students, young adults and senior fans, as there are now.

Must admit I was expecting those perforated metal panel and wasn’t keen when the black frames started going in, but nows there’s more of them I do think it looks good. Not dissimilar to the Titanic Hotel

Apart from the glazed areas in the west stand it looks like there will be no light getting in (or being emitted from) the rest of the stand. Looking at the old people's project app it's the same there just black panels inbewtween the brick piers.

If these are accurate highest and lowest standard season tickets for all prem clubs....

That might be a bit steep for GA season tickets. I'd assume that there would still have to be heavily reduced concessions for kids, students, young adults and senior fans, as there are now.

Not sure if I totally believe those figures but I suppose there could be mitigating circumstances such as do they sell a less than ideal view as a season ticket (thus discounted) because they would have trouble selling as a GA? You'd assume they would just sell it per game at a lower price but we know we don't.

Could there also be some sneaky marketing ploy to say look how good we are but then only sell a hundred seats at that price? The other thing that goes against us in this instance is the percentage of ST holders, as you know to ensure we had a quantifiable fixed income they've allowed that to be the highest of any club and therefore they are leaving a lot of cash on the table. Do they price the ST to try and break that knowing the demand to come to BM will be there? At the moment a GA ticket is £55 so £1045 to go for the season. I can see that going to near £70, an extra £260 a year for all the games. Anything a few hundred pounds south of those figures is still a useful discount for being a ST holder.

I expect the demand for the South and West stands to be through the roof so there may well be competitive pricing on the North that could bring down my figures but I still doubt by too much. As you say the large discounts for the age ranges will remain which kind of makes it awkward to project exactly how much more we will make.

It's a shame in my opinion that they didn't opt for either a retractable roof or a complete canopy (similar to some NFL stadiums). You just have to look at the roof
skeleton envisage how a translucent roof could have been. Or alternatively a Wimbledon centre court style retractable roof. Who knows maybe in the future they can come up with something when we're actually in the stadium (when we have a feel for the weather etc) and have stable finances.

View attachment 227001View attachment 227002View attachment 227003View attachment 227004
We're struggling to pay for it now.

Zero chance we could afford that extra cost.

Didn't realise a current adult ticket for Goodison is £55 - yikes. Haven't been for about two years and won't be going any time soon due to location anyway, but that's an almost £100 day out for me if I were to be going (£15 transport, £10 something to eat, £15-20 drinks due to others I usually go with drinking quite a lot).

If they increase the price by say 25% that becomes £70 for the ticket and £115 for the day. To watch a very poor side that has effectively zero chance of success? Not worth it. Almost £250 to watch the team twice a month? Save up two months and that's the price of a holiday away for a week.

I'll go to a game early on just to check out the stadium, but I'd not be able to live with myself knowing that my hard earned money is being spent on crabs like Keane, Gomes, Holgate, Maupay and Alli. And until Everton start getting things right then my money will remain in my pocket.

We're struggling to pay for it now.

Zero chance we could afford that extra cost.

You're right, but at the same time, at a price of £760m (according to Moshiri, if that's true), you would probably expect a 52k stadium to have a closing roof, with all the additional flexibility that would give. It would've been the biggest covered concert arena in the North of Britain. Owners often inflate or conflate the cost of their new stadia with whole project costs, to add value or perceived quality to their investment.

Examples of cost for comparison: Meis design for Roma's 52k proposed stadium was just £300m. Feyenoord were getting a 63k triple tier, on partially reclaimed land with a closing roof for approx £400m. I think costs went up to £500m+ due to increased material/construction costs post covid, so they've put it on hold.
Lille got a 50k triple-tier stadium, with closing roof and folding pitch for <£300m just over 10yrs ago.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back