New Everton Stadium

If it is delayed until August 2025 I can only assume it is one of two things: 1) we hope to stretch the build out meaning less people on site so hopefully less to pay in the short term and that'll give more time to find a backer for the rest. Plus we will have another lot of TV money go through the accounts and a few more windows should we have to sell a few more assets to shrink the amount required. Or 2) Kenwright is giving himself more time on the off chance we have a good season either this year (not likely is it now) or next so he can be at the closing/opening ceremonies.

Staying at Goodison for sentimental reasons when we need as much money coming in as possible should be ruled out instantly if we had a functioning intelligent...board...erm...

Stretching the build out would cost us a fortune in the long term though as Laings prelim costs a week will not be cheap and they would have to be reimbursed that cost if they couldn't finish on time through no fault of their own.

No one said anything, the flooring package manager was off today. I’ll ask them tomorrow.

Just about every big project, and I’ve worked on loads, the flooring package gets delayed.

I’ve worked on loads of new schools that have to be open in the September for the start of the school year, our start date is months later than it should have been, but it gets done.

Working late, weekend work etc. it’s chaos but it’s certainly nothing new for our start date to be put back.

Cheers mate, appreciate all the info 👍

If it is delayed until August 2025 I can only assume it is one of two things: 1) we hope to stretch the build out meaning less people on site so hopefully less to pay in the short term and that'll give more time to find a backer for the rest. Plus we will have another lot of TV money go through the accounts and a few more windows should we have to sell a few more assets to shrink the amount required. Or 2) Kenwright is giving himself more time on the off chance we have a good season either this year (not likely is it now) or next so he can be at the closing/opening ceremonies.

Staying at Goodison for sentimental reasons when we need as much money coming in as possible should be ruled out instantly if we had a functioning intelligent...board...erm...
Doesn’t really work like that as LoR will have ‘prelims’ running to £10’s if not £100’s of grand per month just to operate and attend the site, whether there’s 100 operatives or 10.
Site offices, logistics, H&S, Security, site facilities, plant etc etc.
Plus I think this is a design and build job so not sure we can turn the taps down and not just incur extra cost.

Doesn’t really work like that as LoR will have ‘prelims’ running to £10’s if not £100’s of grand per month just to operate and attend the site, whether there’s 100 operatives or 10.
Site offices, logistics, H&S, Security, site facilities, plant etc etc.
Plus I think this is a design and build job so not sure we can turn the taps down and not just incur extra cost.

I was thinking more along the lines of LoR finishing the build part but then the internals that are usually contracted out could be dripped. Remembering that we are only talking about an extension period of 6 months if the handover was to be December 2024.

Obviously it is an out there idea and I agree with what you say. It's just based on the fact I just can't understand why we wouldn't move as soon as it is ready.

Progress in 12 months
IMG_3877.webp

Attachments

• IMG_2525.webp
    IMG_2525.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 29

The Bridging loan was reported back in May but the 100 million must have happened quite recent as the other day the Telegraph reported the money hadn't been handed over.

Don't think so mate, it just takes accounts aren't updated realtime.

The MSP/100 million/stadium has been mentioned for months - like @Neiler mentioned it here.

It's definitely not breaking news unless it's a new £100 million towards the stadium, which it isn't.

The MSP/100 million/stadium has been mentioned for months - like @Neiler mentioned it here.

It's definitely not breaking news unless it's a new £100 million towards the stadium, which it isn't.
Seems very odd that esk is reporting this as 'breaking news'. It doesn't appear to be 'breaking' anywhere other than from him. 🤷‍♂️

I misread the article, thought it said wasn't agreed on terms.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back