New Everton Stadium

In the stadium newsletter it talks about seasonal membership to bars which are about to be released and shows what I assume would be one of those, which looks like a generic sports bar:

View attachment 229210

Would people be interested in paying extra to gain access to one of these on a match day?
Not far to walk, out of the wind and rain, beer, what's not to like.
Edit; how much though

None of the photos do it justice.

Wait until you see it in person!
I think that's definitely a thing in general with photographs of stands because of wide angle lenses. The lenses that estate agents use to make rooms look bigger than they are, often make stands look wider and less high than they are in reality.

Some of the drone footage gives a much truer sense of scale.

None of the photos do it justice.

Wait until you see it in person!

I'm not much of a photographer tbh, but have probably taken hundreds of pics of football grounds all over the world, long before mobile phone cameras were a thing..... and you're right, my photographs rarely did the real thing any justice. Was nearly always underwhelmed by my results for what I knew were sometimes breathtaking views of great stadia.

Last edited:

The endless discussions on what the view from the seat is will be no more.

Not a single bad seat in the house
Which is why I don't think they'll be a huge number of 'new' season ticket holders.

A large portion of the 32k (ish) we have retain them because it's a good, unobstructed seat that they can't risk giving up. Every single seat at the new ground has a clear view of the entire pitch so it's less of a critical. Issue.

I'd imagine season tickets will remain at around 32/33k, with possibly 2 to 3k of current ticket holders opting for some level of premium seating.

I fully expect the club will bring in new membership tiers for non-season ticket holders to have priority access to vacant seats, and top games (Derby, Utd, City etc) needing home credits to secure a ticket. (I remember Derby tickets where always a stub of the home game two games before.)

They'd also be mad not to sell outrageous weekend packages for overseas fans. (Airport transfer, Hotel, Stadium Tour) filling out a match day weekend. Obviously, for those to be marketable we'd need to be pretty good at footy.

Baby steps.

Which is why I don't think they'll be a huge number of 'new' season ticket holders.

A large portion of the 32k (ish) we have retain them because it's a good, unobstructed seat that they can't risk giving up. Every single seat at the new ground has a clear view of the entire pitch so it's less of a critical. Issue.

I'd imagine season tickets will remain at around 32/33k, with possibly 2 to 3k of current ticket holders opting for some level of premium seating.

I fully expect the club will bring in new membership tiers for non-season ticket holders to have priority access to vacant seats, and top games (Derby, Utd, City etc) needing home credits to secure a ticket. (I remember Derby tickets where always a stub of the home game two games before.)

They'd also be mad not to sell outrageous weekend packages for overseas fans. (Airport transfer, Hotel, Stadium Tour) filling out a match day weekend. Obviously, for those to be marketable we'd need to be pretty good at footy.

Baby steps.
Was thinking this before, I think the club will add more season tickets - but it won't be 5-10k's worth, from a business perspective they'd be stupid not to try packages/inflated ticket prices for certain games etc, as you say we'd need to improve on the pitch as well.

Baby steps.
Was saying this the other day. I can't see standard season ticket numbers increasing too much, the club will want to maximise the money they can get from walk-ups and other pre-booked packages.

I think there's going to be a lot of disappointed people on our current waiting list who are hoping for a season ticket at Bramley Moore.

I think there's going to be a lot of disappointed people on our current waiting list who are hoping for a season ticket at Bramley Moore.
The disappointment will be reduced when they sit in a cracking seat regardless.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if the waiting list cuts drastically once we move, people are desperate not to miss that last season at GP. When you also factor in the inevitable hike at BM (I doubt any regular adult will be less than £800, probably more) the waiting list will be far more palatable for those who wish to remain on it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back