New Everton Stadium

Looking at the recent videos the rake of the North and South stands seem to extremely steep. Does anyone know if they are the same, and are they the same as the West & East which don't look as steep. Bring your crampons to get to the back of the North & South !
As far as I am aware, the angle of the upper tier around the whole stadium is the same. It's only the lower tier which isn't as steep with the exception of the South Stand which maintains the same angle throughout.

Personally I would prefer the stands to be named after players( not administrators/owners).I would also not choose players who have statues unless they are left at Goodison which I believe they are, so all players are in contention. For me ( not bothered which stand they get)
Dixie Dean Stand
Brian Labone Stand
Alan Ball Stand
Neville Southall Stand
Definitely not administrators.

I'll also a little against players having stands no matter of their stature in the club's history. It implies we're never getting better. (that's probably fact, but still.)

Geographical is boring but it adds a bit character in my opinion.

The North is, yeah... The North. Can't name it after the treatment plant.

East is Regent Road.

South is Nelson

West is The River/Mersey.

Not bothered either way, throughout the build we've all referred to them as N, E, S or W and I'd imagine they will stick no matter what the club decided to call them.

Just like the majority will always call it Bramley Moore, no matter what some two bit sponsor decides to call it.

I think North End and South End are fine as often if you're from one end of the city, people will refer to you being from the North End or the South End, especially by people who are from the opposite end. Nobody is referred to as being from the East End, due to the shape of the city. Dock Road and Mersey Stand for the others, perhaps? Definitely NOT after ex-players. Always thought that was small time.

Definitely not administrators.

I'll also a little against players having stands no matter of their stature in the club's history. It implies we're never getting better. (that's probably fact, but still.)

Geographical is boring but it adds a bit character in my opinion.

The North is, yeah... The North. Can't name it after the treatment plant.

East is Regent Road.

South is Nelson

West is The River/Mersey.

Not bothered either way, throughout the build we've all referred to them as N, E, S or W and I'd imagine they will stick no matter what the club decided to call them.

Just like the majority will always call it Bramley Moore, no matter what some two bit sponsor decides to call it.
Hey, I still refer to the major airport in our region as Ringway so I wont be calling the new stadium the Wilko Arena instead of Bramley Moore any time soon

I think North End and South End are fine as often if you're from one end of the city, people will refer to you being from the North End or the South End, especially by people who are from the opposite end. Nobody is referred to as being from the East End, due to the shape of the city. Dock Road and Mersey Stand for the others, perhaps? Definitely NOT after ex-players. Always thought that was small time.
All opinions but on TV.... Everton kicking towards the Dixie Dean En he scored 60 goals in a season Harlans still has a way to go. The ball has gone into the Alan Ball stand a world cup winner with England. A throw in to Everton at the Brian Labone stand a league and Cup winning captain for Everton called the last of the corinthians because of the way he played the game. A goal kick from the Southall End Evertons world class goalkeeper who played more games and won more trophies than any other player. We know our history but due to 30 years of being badly run a lot of people under 50 don't. No problem when we are in BMD it being emphasised.

Genuinely brilliant sound that I’ll really miss. I love being in the middle of that wave of wooden thuds when we’re on an attack and everyone stands up.
When Rooney appeared in the first team I remember telling people you could tell how special he was because of the noise the seats made as waves of people stood up to see what he was going to do!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back