New Everton Stadium

All but two temporary support struts (well the ones that cross diagonally to the south stand) have been removed. Crazy to think the space underneath could fit in Goodison Road. No more getting soaked waiting to get in to the stadium.

Was thinking that yesterday. Between the pump house, the club shop, the covered North and South stand and the stepped plaza tunnel, you don’t have to rush into the concourse if it’s raining.

The 4th Grace 💙

oh-i%27m-gonna-cry-lala-ri.gif

That's absolutely 'kin stunning that mate.

It's beautiful 💙

All but two temporary support struts (well the ones that cross diagonally to the south stand) have been removed. Crazy to think the space underneath could fit in Goodison Road. No more getting soaked waiting to get in to the stadium.

Are you talking about the white ones under the south? If so, there are still quite a few still in place. Time stamp of 19:10 in that vid.

I think North End and South End are fine as often if you're from one end of the city, people will refer to you being from the North End or the South End, especially by people who are from the opposite end. Nobody is referred to as being from the East End, due to the shape of the city. Dock Road and Mersey Stand for the others, perhaps? Definitely NOT after ex-players. Always thought that was small time.
All opinions but on TV.... Everton kicking towards the Dixie Dean En he scored 60 goals in a season Harlans still has a way to go. The ball has gone into the Alan Ball stand a world cup winner with England. A throw in to Everton at the Brian Labone stand a league and Cup winning captain for Everton called the last of the corinthians because of the way he played the game. A goal kick from the Southall End Evertons world class goalkeeper who played more games and won more trophies than any other player. We know our history but due to 30 years of being badly run a lot of people under 50 don't. No problem when we are in BMD it being emphasised
As far as I am aware, the angle of the upper tier around the whole stadium is the same. It's only the lower tier which isn't as steep with the exception of the South Stand which maintains the same angle throughout.
You are correct. I looked at the drone footage of where the lower south meets the lower west and you can see the difference in rake needing a wall were they meet

Are you talking about the white ones under the south? If so, there are still quite a few still in place. Time stamp of 19:10 in that vid.

There seems to be a few under the south stand that brace east to west and vice versa but only two(? more like four) go South to North diagonally. Basically when they have gone you can drive a couple of coaches down there.

Edit: you are correct as those ones join to the back of the stand diagonally so would still impede stuff going under.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back