New Everton Stadium

The hospitality section is slightly deeper at 800mm, but the rest is 750mm as per this pic:

View attachment 235692

I can remember reading that at the time and thinking it must've been a typo. Very unusual to have 2 different tread depths on the same tier. Meaning rows wouldn't align for the full length of the stand. A dividing wall and 2 aisles (either side) must avert any lateral sightline interference.

Also unusual to have the dividing wall between the South lower and the East/West lower tiers angled so that row ends in both side lower tiers would have obstructed sightlines (hence they are aisles). Normally the steeper tier (in this case the South lower) would turn the corner fully with the dividing wall being perpendicular to the side line as at Chelsea's West stand lower tier corner.

I can remember reading that at the time and thinking it must've been a typo. Very unusual to have 2 different tread depths on the same tier. Meaning rows wouldn't align for the full length of the stand. A dividing wall and 2 aisles (either side) must avert any lateral sightline interference.

Also unusual to have the dividing wall between the South lower and the East/West lower tiers angled so that row ends in both side lower tiers would have obstructed sightlines (hence they are aisles). Normally the steeper tier (in this case the South lower) would turn the corner fully with the dividing wall being perpendicular to the side line as at Chelsea's West stand lower tier corner.

Yes agreed. Also there are two more areas in the North East corner that will have restricted views if seats are put all along the rows. Perhaps they won't but in that case it is a waste of space. One is where the disabled viewing platform at the back of the North stand stops by where the away supporters are supposed to be:

Screenshot_20231118_080825_YouTube.jpg

...and the other is on the East stand side where there is something similar.

Screenshot_20231118_080853_YouTube.jpg

You'd have thought they would have continued or stopped so the ends met at the steps to move the seat away from the wall but as above where I have marked them out that doesn't seem to be the case. Or the wall should open out at an angle to allow a clear view of the pitch. That said it is the away end so what do we care, but you'd think in a brand new stadium they would have thought of this.

The lower South is of course safe standing. Whether that makes a difference?

The lower South is of course safe standing. Whether that makes a difference?

That would only make the potential sightline obstruction more pronounced for those near the dividing wall on the sides. Of course the aisle offsets the viewing position and should mean that the whole pitch will be visible at all seats, but the view of the home end will be largely obscured for some near that wall.

Yes agreed. Also there are two more areas in the North East corner that will have restricted views if seats are put all along the rows. Perhaps they won't but in that case it is a waste of space. One is where the disabled viewing platform at the back of the North stand stops by where the away supporters are supposed to be:

View attachment 235700

...and the other is on the East stand side where there is something similar.

View attachment 235701

You'd have thought they would have continued or stopped so the ends met at the steps to move the seat away from the wall but as above where I have marked them out that doesn't seem to be the case. Or the wall should open out at an angle to allow a clear view of the pitch. That said it is the away end so what do we care, but you'd think in a brand new stadium they would have thought of this.

Indeed. I think some of these may be partly compromises as a result of rationalising the original 60k+ design. Disabled seating could've prossibly been better positioned to avoid some of this and even given the disabled slightly better views. Corners are often ideal but continuing into the sides/ends often creates the type of viewing/seating voids you've identified. I've seen plenty on raised platforms at the back of lower tiers.... offering clear views for all and often simpler access to toilets/concouses etc.

Yes that dividing wall in the South stand is burning my head, I just don't get why they haven't fully turned the corner because surely they're going to have to leave a quite large space to ensure there's no obstructed views in the east and west lower next to the wall.

I noticed those potential issues too @The binman chronicles so I'm assuming they'll just be dead space as I can't see them putting seats in if they're obstructed (as those angles would be severely obstructed)

Yes that dividing wall in the South stand is burning my head, I just don't get why they haven't fully turned the corner because surely they're going to have to leave a quite large space to ensure there's no obstructed views in the east and west lower next to the wall.

I noticed those potential issues too @The binman chronicles so I'm assuming they'll just be dead space as I can't see them putting seats in if they're obstructed (as those angles would be severely obstructed)
Does there need to be a wall ? If we are mixing in the concourse all around the ground and if there are no ticket checks and we are trusting people to go to the correct seats in the correct stands ?

Does there need to be a wall ? If we are mixing in the concourse all around the ground and if there are no ticket checks and we are trusting people to go to the correct seats in the correct stands ?

The wall is because the South stand is far steeper than the east and west stands Tim.

Edit - see here @mahermi1

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back