New Everton Stadium

That's always been the brief given to the media.

Heard on good authority it's ahead of schedule, Oct or maybe even September completion (including testing events)

Would be a monumental mistake if they don't use it for close to 12 months for the men's 1st team .

I know we've made some complete f-ups in the past but doing that would top the lot
As I've said a few times, they are currently on plan for October, yet the contractual hand-over is at the latest December; after this, LOR occur penalties.

The club is planning on the October to November handover, a two-month transition period and then playing games from mid to late January onwards.

If we were playing games in a stadium within 12months, I really think they would have sorted tickets for the fans first.
Perhaps not with Colin Chong in charge; the club still have quite a few key things undecided and continue to make some changes to the design and whatnot.

But, the hopeful plan is for games from towards the end of January. The club will sort the STs for Goodison first, and then immediately look at how to transition over.

Hospitality is already done.

Ignore him mate.

Every single post he's made in the thread is negative.

File under cockwomble

Why because I am asking what we was told we was getting?

Just because I dont think the ground us as good as it was claimed to be im negative? You might be ok settling for average. I will call it out.

Perhaps not with Colin Chong in charge; the club still have quite a few key things undecided and continue to make some changes to the design and whatnot.

But, the hopeful plan is for games from towards the end of January. The club will sort the STs for Goodison first, and then immediately look at how to transition over.

Hospitality is already done.

I get the impression you know someone who may know Chong and doesn't rate him too highly lol ;)

Why because I am asking what we was told we was getting?

Just because I dont think the ground us as good as it was claimed to be im negative? You might be ok settling for average. I will call it out.
Do you have a link to somebody from the club saying it would be the biggest TV in the world?

I looked, I found 1 story in The Daily Mail, but no Club quotes.

This is what happens, people read stories in the media, mostly made up stories, then pass them off as fact.

Do you have a link to somebody from the club saying it would be the biggest TV in the world?

I looked, I found 1 story in The Daily Mail, but no Club quotes.

This is what happens, people read stories in the media, mostly made up stories, then pass them off as fact.

No i dont, thats why I asked the question in my original post.

That much has been scaled down from the original plans I was asking is this another thing.

During the reveal for the 60k+ version, I'm pretty sure one of the proposals was for the biggest screen in Europe on the North End window.

Moot point now, seeing as Real are half way to installing a 360° wrap-around screen at the Bernabeu.

Pure guesswork, but from looking at the design we have scope for that if we want it.

Personally not for me, bit of a distraction, which I found with the numerous levels of advertisement boards at Spurs.

Can you imagine wrap-arounds at the new gaff? It'd be like we're sponsored by the Samaritans. 'Its only a game' 'take a breath'. Etc..

There's only so much Everton most of us can take. Best leave it on the pitch..

I doubt a full-size window telly would work now. Might be visible from the lower tiers, but you'd get all the cross braced lattice work in the way from the upper tiers.

1 of the first concept plans did have a big TV, but I dont think anybody ever claimed it was biggest in the world and those concept plans were changed a long time ago.

In that Mail article under the second image it says they will be the "Biggest screens in UK stadiums". The image itself gives dimentions of 33m x 11m.
I'm not sure from looking at the latest pictures but I don't think they are too far off that size.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back