New Everton Stadium

Apologies up front if asked already, did search this thread but too many hits to make it useful. Will be in Liverpool over xmas from Australia and would like to take the kids to lunch somewhere that has an elevated view of the new stadium. Any suggestions?
Not sure you will even get that to be honest. I would say Skybar Ginos or the Panoramic, but apart from that I don’t think there’s anywhere. My choice would be go to the titanic hotel and have a meal and then walk 5 mins to the stadium itself and have a few photo moments outside.

Apologies up front if asked already, did search this thread but too many hits to make it useful. Will be in Liverpool over xmas from Australia and would like to take the kids to lunch somewhere that has an elevated view of the new stadium. Any suggestions?
I dont think there is anywhere. Best place i have found is here https://docklandstrail.co.uk/
They have a viewing platform and are a friendly bunch.

It's a common problem at many modern stadia with their high upturned roof lines. Some more notoriously than others. It's a shame that they haven't extended the roof lines to at least the edges of the playing area to help mitigate against this partial coverage issue. Bilbao fitted a new inner cable-net roof after fans regularly deserted much of the lower tier of their waterfront stadium when it rained. Maybe a few wet premium seated "customers" might prompt similar at BMD.
I always wondered why they didn't do this (roof to pitch edge), especially give then Bilbao example.

That said, I assume those sitting at the front rows of Goodison have similar issues, do they?

I always wondered why they didn't do this (roof to pitch edge), especially give then Bilbao example.

That said, I assume those sitting at the front rows of Goodison have similar issues, do they?
I sit row 8 in the paddock and it’s fine, only times we have issues is when the wind starts to blow the rain in every direction. This could be more of issue at bramley Moore when we get those windy storms etc.

No mate, it's the way videos work by compressing the data and 'smoothing/copying'adjacent data (Interpolation). I wont bore you with it, I have mentioned it before. get a decent camera with a big lens and big sensor close up and you'lll see the darker bricks, using a phone/drone size camera lens with a small sensor and you have no chance of having that level of colour change detail
Doubting myself here but I'm sure originally the 'Leitch bricks' weren't flush with the rest and stuck out a bit. Might have been a victim of one of the cost-cutting measures.

The test panel in this tweet has both plus what looks like the original metal infill. The facade and brick pattern was definitly modified by heritage groups and I suspect we've ended up with flush bricks and solid infills.

Seems like you had no cause to doubt yourself. ;)
First time I've seen that picture TBF, but it does say 'test panels' so It's not 'necessarily' purely a cost cutting decision.
Could just imagine lids using that as a 'climbing wall':eek:

Seems to be some blue lights installed on the South East corner, wonder if they are permanent and basically be that all along the South stand.

On the original lighting plan we all marveled at that blue lighting bc, so yeah I definitely think that was part of thd plans. Can't wait for this to be finished, it's looking fabulous even now.

The front of the Street End can be very, very wet, whereas where I sit (much further back) is covered from the rain and most of the wind.

In fact, sat under the Upper it can get quite snug, which I'll definitely miss when we move to BMD.

Was sat 5 rows from the front of the family enclosure against Sporting and the rain was getting to me when the wind pushed it in that direction.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back