New Everton Stadium

View attachment 238424

Been thinking about the green mini pitch again, after watching Mr Drone’s latest vid.

Given that a guy is painting the concrete barriers around it Everton blue, it further made me think this is part of some sort of colour calibration test.

Perhaps it’s about seeing how grass green and Everton blue will look under the floodlight setup, or on TV cameras.

Whatever it is, I’m fairly certain it’s not part of any pitch drainage / heating sub-structure as I’ve seen others speculate. It’s surface-level, and the fact it’s painted means it’s meant to be seen - at least in the short term.
Surly it’s just builders having a bit of fun before Xmas?

Yes you are spot on.
I was out in town with a Red mate couple of weeks ago. He lives over the water and I took him to the Bramley Moore for a quick pint. He thought it was just gunna be a derelict building site with nothing going on !! Upon seeing it the silence was telling !!

On another note tho...he asked me to drop him at the LFC club shop so he could grab somet. I begrudgingly parked up in the side street and waited in the car (as you do). Couple of parking enforcement council workers showed up like it was a regular thing they do. Asked me to move my car so I apologised saying I didn't know cus I was an Everton fan. One replied "so are we, just park your car over there mate".
They then gleefully gave out about half dozen parking tickets 🤣🤣🤣
What a petty, vindictive thing to do. I love it!

Yes you are spot on.
I was out in town with a Red mate couple of weeks ago. He lives over the water and I took him to the Bramley Moore for a quick pint. He thought it was just gunna be a derelict building site with nothing going on !! Upon seeing it the silence was telling !!

On another note tho...he asked me to drop him at the LFC club shop so he could grab somet. I begrudgingly parked up in the side street and waited in the car (as you do). Couple of parking enforcement council workers showed up like it was a regular thing they do. Asked me to move my car so I apologised saying I didn't know cus I was an Everton fan. One replied "so are we, just park your car over there mate".
Horrible that....love it

View attachment 238424

Been thinking about the green mini pitch again, after watching Mr Drone’s latest vid.

Given that a guy is painting the concrete barriers around it Everton blue, it further made me think this is part of some sort of colour calibration test.

Perhaps it’s about seeing how grass green and Everton blue will look under the floodlight setup, or on TV cameras.

Whatever it is, I’m fairly certain it’s not part of any pitch drainage / heating sub-structure as I’ve seen others speculate. It’s surface-level, and the fact it’s painted means it’s meant to be seen - at least in the short term.
New series of Soccer AM

Yes you are spot on.

I know the exact spot you’re talking about cos it was our car parking space for a long time until those guys turned up, we pass it every home game and they now book the tourists while shopping, go away and repeat. Making a fortune 🤷🏻‍♂️

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back