New Everton Stadium

be in the balance this wouldn’t you think?

Call me optimistic, but I don't think so yet. Unless we go into administration, which would prove Moshiri hasn't got a brass farthing to rub together, then it will be up to him to keep the club afloat and the stadium built, as that's how he gets a out with some level of cash back.

The latest charge is neither here nor there. They cannot punish us at the same level they did first time around and likely we will get something back from that which will even itself out - perhaps at worst deduct another 2 points off of us. The 777 takeover is much more important to our situation.

Call me optimistic, but I don't think so yet. Unless we go into administration, which would prove Moshiri hasn't got a brass farthing to rub together, then it will be up to him to keep the club afloat and the stadium built, as that's how he gets a out with some level of cash back.

The latest charge is neither here nor there. They cannot punish us at the same level they did first time around and likely we will get something back from that which will even itself out - perhaps at worst deduct another 2 points off of us. The 777 takeover is much more important to our situation.
I reckon first one will get cut to 5 points, and then another 5 for this.

I thought six points was the base punishment. If so I wouldn't be surprised if we get four back, then punished another six
That's my thinking too...no way we get 20 points or more...that would be extreme and very dangerous for Chelsea and City, even if we know that what should be used as a baseline moving forward with other clubs will probably not be the case, something that Masters is aluding to by saying that city is a very different situation and not the same case.

I thought six points was the base punishment. If so I wouldn't be surprised if we get four back, then punished another six
There is no base punishment for a PSR breach…it does not exist in the PL rule book.
The hastily created PL Board sanction policy(not approved by PL Clubs so invalid) was given to the Independent Commission between Everton being charged and the case being heard…8 months gap.
The IC argued,vehemently,in their judgement that they paid no heed to the PL suggestion but,unbelievably,came up with a sanction that was exactly in line with the PL non-binding suggestion…amazing don’t you think?
If they just came up with 6 points deduction on appeal then that would seem to suggest they are not very independent at all.

There is no base punishment for a PSR breach…it does not exist in the PL rule book.
The hastily created PL Board sanction policy(not approved by PL Clubs so invalid) was given to the Independent Commission between Everton being charged and the case being heard…8 months gap.
The IC argued,vehemently,in their judgement that they paid no heed to the PL suggestion but,unbelievably,came up with a sanction that was exactly in line with the PL non-binding suggestion…amazing don’t you think?
If they just came up with 6 points deduction on appeal then that would seem to suggest they are not very independent at all.
I agree it is the base punishment that doesn't exist. I still wouldn't be surprised if that was the outcome

I agree it is the base punishment that doesn't exist. I still wouldn't be surprised if that was the outcome
If they are so intent on punishing us “pour encourager les autres” then dropping the punishment to 8 points would be more
credible as it’s less than the 9 for going into administration. Also, it is divorced from the non-approved PL board formula.

I don’t agree with any of this btw but the PL need to be very careful about abuse of process if it is conveniently adjusted to 6 points.

The punishment was based on the EFL rules however their capped spend is a third of the pl and a proportional response would have been 4 points. Still think they have not considered stadium loan spend properly and optimistic me says zero to 4 max. This latest charge would be illegal double jeopardy and all that and don’t expect it will stand up in any court 🙏

Doesn’t really matter, we will suffer from it, then the ‘rules’ will be changed next year before City are in the dock. For Christs sake they’ve even said that a date has been set for them, but for some reason it’s now a state secret…corrupt doesn’t even come close……

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back