New Everton Stadium

With the increase in costs associated with the build and rising interest rates etc I am surprised that there hasn't been an increase in premium seats. I believe there are approximately 5500 mainly in the West Stand. Could have maybe added 2k more in the middle of the East Stand, bar areas maybe pitched £1000 to £1500 to make it pay

It's stunning. A genuinely beautiful structure. Huge plaudits to Dan Meis and Lang O'Rourke and everyone involved in the development. Huge thanks to the drone boys too. The only thread I can't wait to open. Let's hope our footy can be as beautiful to complement it.

The best thing to do when talking about the stadium Terry, is not to mention the pile of crap we'll unfortunately have to watch inside it

With the increase in costs associated with the build and rising interest rates etc I am surprised that there hasn't been an increase in premium seats. I believe there are approximately 5500 mainly in the West Stand. Could have maybe added 2k more in the middle of the East Stand, bar areas maybe pitched £1000 to £1500 to make it pay
I've just paid £2,600 just over £3,000 with VAT for a seat in the Trinity Place bar section along with 2 mates and my son.

I was reading an article last week about how the new Spurs stadium had catapulted them up the Rich Club rankings because of the extra events being held there beyond football.
We have all debated the pros and cons of the capacity but the key to success is maximising the use of the asset outside of Everton’s home games.

I think they will also re-visit the number of premium seats available after the first season.

Not allowed to be sold as per conditions of leasehold.
Stadium must be owned by Everton FC.
If theres a way, it  Will be found.
There'll be a loop hole and / or slight of hand bit of 'legal' jiggery-pokery maybe along these lines or similar...

In 1998, Vickers plc decided to sell Rolls-Royce Motors. The leading contender seemed to be BMW, who already supplied internal combustion engines and other components for Rolls-Royce and Bentley cars. Their final offer of £340m was outbid by Volkswagen Group, who offered £430m.

As part of the deal, Volkswagen Group acquired the historic Crewe factory, plus the rights to the "Spirit of Ecstasy" mascot and the shape of the radiator grille. However, the Rolls-Royce brand name and logo were controlled by aero-engine maker Rolls-Royce plc, and not Rolls-Royce Motors. The aero-engine maker decided to license the Rolls-Royce name and logo to BMW and not to Volkswagen, largely because the aero-engine maker had recently shared joint business ventures with BMW. BMW paid £40m to license the Rolls-Royce name and "RR" logo, a deal that many commentators thought was a bargain for possibly the most valuable property in the deal. Volkswagen Group had the rights to the mascot and grille, but lacked rights to the Rolls-Royce name in order to build the cars; likewise, BMW had the name, but lacked rights to the grille and mascot.

The situation was tilted in BMW's favour, as they could withdraw their engine supply with just 12 months notice, which was insufficient time for VW to re-engineer the Rolls-Royce cars to use VW's own engines. Volkswagen claimed that it only really wanted Bentley anyway, as it was the higher volume brand, with Bentley models out-selling the equivalent Rolls-Royce by around two to one

I was reading an article last week about how the new Spurs stadium had catapulted them up the Rich Club rankings because of the extra events being held there beyond football.
We have all debated the pros and cons of the capacity but the key to success is maximising the use of the asset outside of Everton’s home games.

I think they will also re-visit the number of premium seats available after the first season.

Spurs have been able to monetise their new stadium very effectively, but the bulk of the step-up has still been provided by the core activity of hosting football matches. Their corporate offer and income from it is considerably larger than what we will have at BMD. Also, their ability to host other events is greatly fascilitated by the moving pitch, which again BMD does not have (yet).

Incredibly, we still do not really know how the financials work for BMD, but some people who have attempted to put the numbers together have debated if it will even cover the interest costs at present.

Of course, what happens next, regarding our top flight status, the club's sale and the resultant levels of debt that transpires will all affect those numbers going forward. The funding model for NWHL was different to ours and always self-sustaining in relative terms. Ours was always bank of daddy (and daddy's mate) with some external finance that was never secured. So, it is certainly not a given that BMD will be similarly transformational financially. Which is increasingly self-evident. Hopefully, the perception of increased value via a new stadium will carry us over the line to a sustainable future via new owners who can absorb any debt.

If we have 5500 premium seats at an average of £3k that equals £16,500 ,000. The other 47,000 at £800=£37,600, 000 which shows how much is raised by hospitality, and the benefits of potentially adding more to the East stand

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back