New Everton Stadium

I was reading an article last week about how the new Spurs stadium had catapulted them up the Rich Club rankings because of the extra events being held there beyond football.
We have all debated the pros and cons of the capacity but the key to success is maximising the use of the asset outside of Everton’s home games.

I think they will also re-visit the number of premium seats available after the first season.
It is hard to revisit the number of premium seats after the first season as those seats will have already been sold to season ticket holders

It is hard to revisit the number of premium seats after the first season as those seats will have already been sold to season ticket holders
Not necessarily as not all seats in the east and west stand will only be season ticket holders…the club will want to be free to sell single match tickets at higher prices.
Also, there is nothing to stop the club saying to season ticket holders of non-premium seats in year 1 that those seats are no longer available in year 2 of BMD but offer an alternative location.
I have not heard that season ticket holders without premium access are being asked to sign up for 3 years.

Not necessarily as not all seats in the east and west stand will only be season ticket holders…the club will want to be free to sell single match tickets at higher prices.
Also, there is nothing to stop the club saying to season ticket holders of non-premium seats in year 1 that those seats are no longer available in year 2 of BMD but offer an alternative location.
I have not heard that season ticket holders without premium access are being asked to sign up for 3 years.
There are a number of premium seats being sold on a match by match basis. The prospect of going through a seat transfer process and then telling those who obtained the best seats to move after 1 season would go down like a lead balloon. Who knows though with new owners and Everton facing a bleak financial future

If we have 5500 premium seats at an average of £3k that equals £16,500 ,000. The other 47,000 at £800=£37,600, 000 which shows how much is raised by hospitality, and the benefits of potentially adding more to the East stand
It's just shows the potential of the cash income from the stadium. I think our current annual income is around 13-14m for gate receipts?

Although I would add that 3k for a corporate ticket is very cheap compared to the rest of the league.

It's just shows the potential of the cash income from the stadium. I think our current annual income is around 13-14m for gate receipts?

Although I would add that 3k for a corporate ticket is very cheap compared to the rest of the league.
Some are much more expensive than that. I was told some are 11k. I used 3k as a low average, I didn't want to be accused of exaggerating ! So maybe £3.5 to 4k would be more realistic

At £13-14m, that's an average of less than £400 per annum per person (which includes income from 1500 corporate and 12 boxes). So jumping to an £800 average general admission over 30% more capacity might be a big step up for our fanbase (including a good proportion of juniors and concessions).... albeit with superior facilities.

There are only just over 400 box seats at BMD and much of the 5000+ premium seats are the cheaper corporate lite tickets.

When West Ham went to the London Stadium they had to significantly lower their ticket prices to fill the additional capacity. Hopefully, our fanbase is sufficiently big enough and wealthy enough to meet that new ticket price, otherwise our income will not grow as significantly as suggested.

It will be interesting to eventually find out how much everything is going to cost.

The "customers" have to be realistic, if you want nicer things you have to pay for them.

Doubtless many will complain it is too expensive, especially if the team is still crap.

At £13-14m, that's an average of less than £400 per annum per person (which includes income from 1500 corporate and 12 boxes). So jumping to an £800 average general admission over 30% more capacity might be a big step up for our fanbase (including a good proportion of juniors and concessions).... albeit with superior facilities.

There are only just over 400 box seats at BMD and much of the 5000+ premium seats are the cheaper corporate lite tickets.

When West Ham went to the London Stadium they had to significantly lower their ticket prices to fill the additional capacity. Hopefully, our fanbase is sufficiently big enough and wealthy enough to meet that new ticket price, otherwise our income will not grow as significantly as suggested.
Has ever been any projections on what the club thinks their gate receipts will grow to?

We’re definitely mid table according to the link below but like you I worry about what our fan base could actually afford before they jibbed it in.

Has ever been any projections on what the club thinks their gate receipts will grow to?

We’re definitely mid table according to the link below but like you I worry about what our fan base could actually afford before they jibbed it in.

Whilst we often have banter at Liverpool for their tourists etc I wonder how many of us have actually visited Anfield. I go to the away Derby most seasons but this usually just comprises walking across Stanley Park going in the away end then leaving at the end. At the last game I actually walked down past their main stand and mega store. I haven't been down there since 86. I was amazed at the difference. Since I have watched videos on YouTube of the hospitality experience at various grounds. It is astonishing at just how far behind we are. Hopefully new owners and BMD will be a gamechanger we really are 30 years living in the past

I was reading an article last week about how the new Spurs stadium had catapulted them up the Rich Club rankings because of the extra events being held there beyond football.
We have all debated the pros and cons of the capacity but the key to success is maximising the use of the asset outside of Everton’s home games.

I think they will also re-visit the number of premium seats available after the first season.
I've been on the waiting list for 6(?)yrs and haven't heard a diminutive for Richard bird.
I emailed about 2 ths ago got a...we'll get back to you.
Not
A
kin
Word.

I want a couple of STs - just stfu and take my money will yiz

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back