New Everton Stadium

The cladding is just awful.

That cheap, randomised pattern you see on so many low-cost modern developments.

uzxhv4o9cweryirvwbza.jpg

Dont think the exterior of Spurs stadium will age well. Even the Emirates and Olympic Stadium are looking a bit dated to me.

The red brick at BMD will be timeless and the roof i think is purposely designed in a maritime fashion - i think that design will age well and really fits with the local environment and culture in the city. I think the brickwork will look even better once its weathers a bit.

success in football is somewhat pyrrhic these days, there's a thread about how many clubs have won stuff outside of the Sky 5.

I'm not sure I want us to sell our soul to join that fixed cabal.
Mate we were one of the clubs who along with utd liverpool etc plotted and broke away from the football league , our owners spun that people’s club nonsense to deflect that they had no money and we were getting left behind

I think the stadium is now beginning to look like the asset it would be to Everton FC.

Up until recently it required some belief and imagination but now I think it is very clear that this is something special.

It is unfortunate that the other negative issues surrounding the club are taking centre stage at the moment, but they will be resolved in time and the new stadium will add huge value to the club.

There's people who have signed up to Bramley Moore in the lounges who have never had a season ticket, or hospitality season ticket. As you've said - you know them. So do I.

They weren't calling and banging down the door and just got lucky through persistence, they were approached, sold and offered them. The link to the sales brochure was shared on here, before being password protected.

I don't think that's fair to give priority to whoever is on their sales funnel model, over people who are existing season ticket holders who signed up to be "the first to know", or people on waiting lists.

I know a lad who has been waiting 3 years for a season ticket, would have paid for the hospitality. I know another lad who got offered the high end hospitality through his business.

To me, they weren't transparent with the process. Hence "sold some of the higher end on the sly". They launched 'All' - a concept for all, when in reality - it was only the later bar packages available to all.

I thought they'd promote all the offerings to everyone at the same time, and stage priority to buy accordingly. First, existing lounge members. Then, season ticket holders. Then waiting list (season tickets and hospitality). Then general.
I thought there was still hospitality still available, so people can just ring up

Dont think the exterior of Spurs stadium will age well. Even the Emirates and Olympic Stadium are looking a bit dated to me.

The red brick at BMD will be timeless and the roof i think is purposely designed in a maritime fashion - i think that design will age well and really fits with the local environment and culture in the city. I think the brickwork will look even better once its weathers a bit.

The only problem I have with BMD (apart from the low capacity, and it could do with a covered translucent roof - but apart from that :D ) Is the sheer number of sections are are made up of smaller panels. Don't get me wrong, I am sure they're all secure, and weather proof. I just have that image of a building built
about 20 years ago (there are real examples in town) where they look dated and panels fallen off. Even that image of the Tottenham stadium, full of panels.

That's how the exterior is designed. Makes it interesting. It wasn't something I imagined when the design was shown from Meis in 2018.

are they going to build a massive slide from the stadium to the mersey river for those of us who want to leave early when we are losing 4-0 to ipswich town at half time

I suppose it’s better than 6-0 down to Rotherham which was posted some time last week……or 5-0 down to tranmere which was posted by another a month earlier.

Rumour has it someone will use the same joke next month when we’re 8-0 down to Fleetwood after 9 minutes.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back