New Everton Stadium

Agree. Spurs is incredible inside, with amazing facilities, but from outside it’s cookie cutter and bland.

The first time you go, Spurs' ground absolutely has that 'wow' when you're outside but it dissipates with each visit. Inside, yes, absolutely unreal

Don't believe the 'wow' of our new ground will ever go away

Last edited:
The first you go, Spurs' ground absolutely has that 'wow' when you're outside but it dissipates with each visit. Inside, yes, absolutely unreal

Don't believe the 'wow' of our new ground will ever go away
I was down at BMD this morning, and while I've been many times it really is starting to shape itself into the stadium we all hoped it would be.

It looks bigger, more impressive and importantly more imposing each and every time.

A pro-Everton post on a Newcastle forum. Ah carn spake
Until you read the Horse punchers comments. They actually think they are something special. They say it will be souless, too far from town, we win nothing (Oh! the irony). They need to get there heads out of there ar8es and take a good look at themselves and take a good look at rivals Sunderland to realise the distinction of successful and notorious losers.

Architecturally nothing special according to them.

To be a architectural marvel it needs to look like a toilet on a hill.

Just looking at their history the last time they won something the tv was the same colour as their shirts !!!

Sunderland have won more then them and they think they can fill a 95k stadium? Only with Everton showing up with the travelling away support tgen they might have a chance

Visited the stadium today on a shareholder's tour. Unfortunately we weren't allowed to take photos. Entered the stadium in the South east corner, went up the stairway to the upper concourse which serves South, East and I believe North upper tiers, with access all the way around. It appeared quite roomy with spaces laid out for central Island concessions. We walked along the South stand concourse and could see the view towards the city centre, although the drizzle created a mist obscuring most of it. We were then led up a central vomitory, out onto the upper tier for our first view of the stadium bowl itself. The first over-riding impression was that of scale and steepness. We stood on the first row above the super-riser separating upper and lower (safe-standing) tiers. Without an actual goal to gauge distance, it felt as if we were roughly the same height as say the back row of the upper Gwladys Street stand...... but in this case there was another 33 rows rising above us. I especially liked the wrap around effect and simplicity of the straight cranked corners. It's a much simpler layout than the complex Spurs and Arsenal Bowls tbf. But that might create greater unity. The roof did feel very high but gives a slight overall domed effect which has its own acoustic properties and which hopefully in combination with the wrap around corners will help generate a great atmosphere. The North stand for me looks like a little bit of a non-event, although some people seem to like the variation of height at that end. It looks completely disconnected from its roof.... a little bit like going out with an umbrella and holding it at full arm's-length above your head. I noticed that a lot of the front half of the Lower West stand's terraces looked very wet. I can only assume that the transparent roof panels have not been fitted yet.... otherwise this area is not very well protected. I had hoped that we would be getting a view from a side stand.... so that I could have sneaked a photo of the South Stand before getting kicked out. Unfortunately, that didn't happen, as we were then led away to an external viewing platform before leaving site.

Visited the stadium today on a shareholder's tour. Unfortunately we weren't allowed to take photos. Entered the stadium in the South east corner, went up the stairway to the upper concourse which serves South, East and I believe North upper tiers, with access all the way around. It appeared quite roomy with spaces laid out for central Island concessions. We walked along the South stand concourse and could see the view towards the city centre, although the drizzle created a mist obscuring most of it. We were then led up a central vomitory, out onto the upper tier for our first view of the stadium bowl itself. The first over-riding impression was that of scale and steepness. We stood on the first row above the super-riser separating upper and lower (safe-standing) tiers. Without an actual goal to gauge distance, it felt as if we were roughly the same height as say the back row of the upper Gwladys Street stand...... but in this case there was another 33 rows rising above us. I especially liked the wrap around effect and simplicity of the straight cranked corners. It's a much simpler layout than the complex Spurs and Arsenal Bowls tbf. But that might create greater unity. The roof did feel very high but gives a slight overall domed effect which has its own acoustic properties and which hopefully in combination with the wrap around corners will help generate a great atmosphere. The North stand for me looks like a little bit of a non-event, although some people seem to like the variation of height at that end. It looks completely disconnected from its roof.... a little bit like going out with an umbrella and holding it at full arm's-length above your head. I noticed that a lot of the front half of the Lower West stand's terraces looked very wet. I can only assume that the transparent roof panels have not been fitted yet.... otherwise this area is not very well protected. I had hoped that we would be getting a view from a side stand.... so that I could have sneaked a photo of the South Stand before getting kicked out. Unfortunately, that didn't happen, as we were then led away to an external viewing platform before leaving site.

Overall are you happy with what we’re getting Tom ?

My only regret or concern is capacity, if only we had a a few more like 55-56k then for me it would be perfect.

Relatively positive post there Tom ;)

With respect to the North Stand, I think we'd all like it to be the same/ similar height to the rest of the stands but given the constraints of the site it's given us a decent feature. Maybe i'll change my mind when i see it in the flesh but to be honest, not sure what alternatives there were given the boundary issue.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back