New Everton Stadium

Does anyone know if the new stadium would be able to host a NFL game? Big revenue in that but I've not been able to find any discussion of whether that might be planned or whether the pitch size and surrounding area could accommodate a NFL game. Thanks.

Does anyone know if the new stadium would be able to host a NFL game? Big revenue in that but I've not been able to find any discussion of whether that might be planned or whether the pitch size and surrounding area could accommodate a NFL game. Thanks.

They wouldn't hold it at BM as they have Wembley, Twickenham and Spurs' ground all with higher capacities. If they wanted to go to a new stadium they would have the option of taking it to the Principality or Murrayfield, both have shown interest in holding a game.

We would not really have dressing rooms large enough and the capacity would be further reduced by the fact the first few rows would be need to be covered. If we are talking just about capacity wise then they have held games in Germany at just over 50k - something we could match, but like I say not likely when there are a lot of stadiums that can fit 10k more + paying customers.

Home changing room taking shape

Attachments

• E2179860-CAD4-4868-AABE-1F05D6525D18.jpeg
    E2179860-CAD4-4868-AABE-1F05D6525D18.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 11
Not all 13k is probably going to want to stand all match. Soon as you get some that don't within a standing section then their view is gone, so they're giving people an option. Also the number is limited due to the design of the stadium and the rake of the terracing, the upper I think goes beyond the allowed limit and the side stand upper tiers (which also have the same rake) to be in-line with the South's.

If it becomes very popular and oversubscribed then you would think the North lower will get rail seats too.
There's not a limit on the rake for rail seats. So they can have rail seats in the upper. What they can't have in the upper tier is the the safe standing areas, ie greater than 1:1 ratio.

It would have made more sense to have the rail seats in the upper section of the South Stand.

There's not a limit on the rake for rail seats. So they can have rail seats in the upper. What they can't have in the upper tier is the the safe standing areas, ie greater than 1:1 ratio.

It would have made more sense to have the rail seats in the upper section of the South Stand.
I think Villa are doing this in the Holte End. All our south stand should have rail seating.

I'm not sure that's entirely true. While there is no rake limit to rail seating I beleive there is a limit to standing. So not much point having rail seating without standing opportunity.

A lot of older folk sit in the Upper Gwladys who'd like to remain behind the home goal end but remain seated. Deffo not meaning me like..

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back