New Everton Stadium

Apologies if I have already asked this question (in my 60's and my memory is not what it used to be) but is there another example anywhere of a stadium which has been built on a former dock that has been filled in? I know a lot of stadiums are build on brownfield sites etc but a dock that has been filled in?
I’m pretty sure it’s a first

Apologies if I have already asked this question (in my 60's and my memory is not what it used to be) but is there another example anywhere of a stadium which has been built on a former dock that has been filled in? I know a lot of stadiums are build on brownfield sites etc but a dock that has been filled in?
Trying to think back to the Shoalway dredge days when this was more spoken about but something in the back of my mind is remembering talks of a stadium in Netherlands & one in Japan. I could be completely wrong though.

sorry I don't follow every single update but what are the expected dates of completion for the following: -

1. Exterior of Stadium (not including the everton way stones just the actual stadium itself)
2. Interior of Stadium
3. laying the football pitch
4. starting test events

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back