New Everton Stadium

Potentially daft question here... why is that insulation necessary? It's certainly not to keep the warmth in for the fans sat below... is it as basic as keeping pipes from freezing over winter?
I’ve been wondering about this.

Interestingly, it looks exactly like the acoustic insulation I bought for the internal walls and downstairs ceiling in our extension a few months back. Same brand and colour.

But saying that, it has thermal properties, too.

It may well be for thermal regulation. To stop excessive expansion and contraction of the main roof structure.

It won’t be to keep fans cosy, because of the pitch-sized hole in the middle. But it might help keep heat off in the summer I guess.

It also won’t be to keep sound in, as that acoustic insulation absorbs sound. Perhaps it’ll help absorb stadium vibrations from fans / noise too?

It suddenly dawned on me today for all the firsts we have done as a club ..
This stadium may be a unique last
I honestly think with how football is now run and the way finances now work in the game
This will be the last ground and project of this magnitude to be built in this country
What an absolutely wonderful building it will be and for us the club of firsts and innovations that we are the last to undertake this build !!

Coyb

You need reflective materials to keep sound in. This stuff is absorbent.
Earlier layers were reflective in places, also some of the earlier layers are perforated in places which again was all to do with sound.
When the North Stand roof was first started i had someone message me who was working on it and they explained it all.
I will try and find the messages.

So is it just the eastern roof that needs the final touches? I'm excited to see the roof and barrel cladding finished. Hopefully things start to snap in to place at breakneck speed afterwards.

It suddenly dawned on me today for all the firsts we have done as a club ..
This stadium may be a unique last
I honestly think with how football is now run and the way finances now work in the game
This will be the last ground and project of this magnitude to be built in this country
What an absolutely wonderful building it will be and for us the club of firsts and innovations that we are the last to undertake this build !!

Coyb

Apologies if I have already asked this question (in my 60's and my memory is not what it used to be) but is there another example anywhere of a stadium which has been built on a former dock that has been filled in? I know a lot of stadiums are build on brownfield sites etc but a dock that has been filled in?

This just popped up on my photos app, and was taken 2 years ago to the day, from roughly the same spot as the above taken yesterday.

1717688034634.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back