New Everton Stadium

That video was the first that made me think playing there will be terrifying for a lot of teams. It really does look like huge and close walls of seats. Imagine that with 50k fans baying for a penalty or when we’re attacking
Ossie struggling to get to the seats at the top. Pick your seats carefully !

That video was the first that made me think playing there will be terrifying for a lot of teams. It really does look like huge and close walls of seats. Imagine that with 50k fans baying for a penalty or when we’re attacking
1000016230.webp

Great point by Osman about how long it will take for the feeling of “home” to be built, and the atmosphere. I think the design, internally and externally, will make that happen very very quickly. But more importantly, the number of false dawns, and even once BMD started construction, the absolute carnage the club and fans have had to endure whilst seeing it rise up means everyone is fully ready. It can’t possibly be like the clubs whose fans happily skipping to their new identikit out of town bowls with the white scaffolding sticking off the outside as an attempt at “design”.

Emotional send off for Goodison, but then I can’t see the club needing to hand out those folded over clappy things to try and manufacture atmosphere at all. Full of pent up long suffering Evertonians and not tourists, I think the atmosphere will be brutal from day 1. Especially if the acoustics work as intended.

The more time the squad can spend in and around the ground next summer the better.

Great point by Osman about how long it will take for the feeling of “home” to be built, and the atmosphere. I think the design, internally and externally, will make that happen very very quickly. But more importantly, the number of false dawns, and even once BMD started construction, the absolute carnage the club and fans have had to endure whilst seeing it rise up means everyone is fully ready. It can’t possibly be like the clubs whose fans happily skipping to their new identikit out of town bowls with the white scaffolding sticking off the outside as an attempt at “design”..
I though (& certainly hope) he got that wrong tbh, I think the match going fan base are, largely, desperate to get in there, and I think having 45k+ home fans will have the place rocking from the get go.
It’s not like a couple of dodgy results will dampen spirits, everyone is well used to that now.
Plus don’t underestimate how much easier it will be to get bevied in there too with hopefully better ale!

Great point by Osman about how long it will take for the feeling of “home” to be built, and the atmosphere. I think the design, internally and externally, will make that happen very very quickly. But more importantly, the number of false dawns, and even once BMD started construction, the absolute carnage the club and fans have had to endure whilst seeing it rise up means everyone is fully ready. It can’t possibly be like the clubs whose fans happily skipping to their new identikit out of town bowls with the white scaffolding sticking off the outside as an attempt at “design”.

Emotional send off for Goodison, but then I can’t see the club needing to hand out those folded over clappy things to try and manufacture atmosphere at all. Full of pent up long suffering Evertonians and not tourists, I think the atmosphere will be brutal from day 1. Especially if the acoustics work as intended.

The more time the squad can spend in and around the ground next summer the better.

Agreed. I don’t live in Liverpool and think I’m more likely to arrive early and leave later too with it being in the city.

100% this. The interviewer suggested our first few months there will be like playing away from home. What a load of tosh. The pent up frustration in all evertonians will be released into that cauldron of a stadium and it will become a fortress for us. It’s the fans that make the noise, not the steel and concrete.

Do we know if the gaps in the west stand are getting filled with concrete slabs/cladding or are they going to put glass in there?

I know on the renders it’s concrete but on those pics there is glass sections on the top, but they’ve laid floor tiles all the way along now.

This is why I’m asking if it’ll be glass so there’ll be some natural light getting into the passage underneath.
IMG_0284.jpeg

Do we know if the gaps in the west stand are getting filled with concrete slabs/cladding or are they going to put glass in there?

I know on the renders it’s concrete but on those pics there is glass sections on the top, but they’ve laid floor tiles all the way along now.

This is why I’m asking if it’ll be glass so there’ll be some natural light getting into the passage underneath. View attachment 260118
Are they actually holes or are they some sort of treatment / substrate on the concrete?
Edit -just went back over the old vids and sure enough those sections look like there never were filled. Seems odd unless they can be done from the inside.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back