New Everton Stadium

That video was the first that made me think playing there will be terrifying for a lot of teams. It really does look like huge and close walls of seats. Imagine that with 50k fans baying for a penalty or when we’re attacking
Looking forward to seeing the pitch to get the proper perspective but it does look very intimate. I suspect distance from the pitch will be pretty similar to Goodison

Do we know if the gaps in the west stand are getting filled with concrete slabs/cladding or are they going to put glass in there?

I know on the renders it’s concrete but on those pics there is glass sections on the top, but they’ve laid floor tiles all the way along now.

This is why I’m asking if it’ll be glass so there’ll be some natural light getting into the passage underneath. View attachment 260118

Should have some natural light getting in, be a bit moody if it doesn’t. Sure they’ve got it all planned out though.

On my mind is the “teething” problems when we move in. Does anyone know what problems spurs had if they had any? I know they had to re wire the whole place (tried to get every spark in the country down there) and had some water leaks.

I’m talking catering or accessing the stadium etc. Just because you know people like to cause a fuss over anything and don’t understand these new major construction projects will have a few bumps during the transition.

That video was the first that made me think playing there will be terrifying for a lot of teams. It really does look like huge and close walls of seats. Imagine that with 50k fans baying for a penalty or when we’re attacking
Not sure about that tbh.

Look at Spurs' humongous new ground where loads of teams have rocked up and taken taken home the points. One of our stands may be a little steeper, and they may be closer to the pitch, but if a stadium has the right to be intimidating then it would be Spurs' place.

I think ours does have an awful lot of potential though due to its design and fingers crossed the fans can turn it into a place where teams fear visiting - we haven't had that for many a year.

Not sure about that tbh.

Look at Spurs' humongous new ground where loads of teams have rocked up and taken taken home the points. One of our stands may be a little steeper, and they may be closer to the pitch, but if a stadium has the right to be intimidating then it would be Spurs' place.

I think ours does have an awful lot of potential though due to its design and fingers crossed the fans can turn it into a place where teams fear visiting - we haven't had that for many a year.
That hole is like a trip to Disneyland compared our magnificent fortress on the banks of the Royal Rlue Mersey.
Corporate biffs on the red wine in their cheese room vs snarling super bloos filled with 5% export strength lager.
They won’t like it up ‘em.

Not sure about that tbh.

Spurs stadium has a cavernous feel too it which takes away from the intimidation factor.

The “wave” effect on their South stand ruins that stand as well imo.

BMD feels a lot tighter/compact.

On my mind is the “teething” problems when we move in. Does anyone know what problems spurs had if they had any? I know they had to re wire the whole place (tried to get every spark in the country down there) and had some water leaks.

I’m talking catering or accessing the stadium etc. Just because you know people like to cause a fuss over anything and don’t understand these new major construction projects will have a few bumps during the transition.
Spurs issues were largely down to the construction model they used of basically trying to manage it themselves (via Mace as appointed construction managers for them)
Sounds good on paper but often has very little incentive for trades to finish as there’s lots of opportunity to the claim more money for delays when stuff isn’t quite ready for them.
Ostensibly it was their BMS and Life safety systems (fire alarms/ suppression etc) commissioning but the issues went back further than the back end of the project.
Our is being done as design and build so LoR on basically on the hook for getting it done on time and snag free as they bear the costs if they aren’t.
We would only impact it if we started throwing in loads of changes.

Do we know if the gaps in the west stand are getting filled with concrete slabs/cladding or are they going to put glass in there?

I know on the renders it’s concrete but on those pics there is glass sections on the top, but they’ve laid floor tiles all the way along now.

This is why I’m asking if it’ll be glass so there’ll be some natural light getting into the passage underneath. View attachment 260118

My thought is that they will be glass over those gaps to make up for the missing cut outs they were going to have on the top of the terrace. There does appear to be a structure in there, so you could just fill with concrete like the rest of the wall.

That said it could just be being used temporarily to let light in whilst they are still building. Soon find out.

There was a close up on a drone video a couple of weeks back and it looked like they were windows.

Spurs issues were largely down to the construction model they used of basically trying to manage it themselves (via Mace as appointed construction managers for them)
Sounds good on paper but often has very little incentive for trades to finish as there’s lots of opportunity to the claim more money for delays when stuff isn’t quite ready for them.
Ostensibly it was their BMS and Life safety systems (fire alarms/ suppression etc) commissioning but the issues went back further than the back end of the project.
Our is being done as design and build so LoR on basically on the hook for getting it done on time and snag free as they bear the costs if they aren’t.
We would only impact it if we started throwing in loads of changes.

Thanks for that insight.

So far I don’t know any problems LOR have had, all seems to be going well (touch wood).

Spurs stadium has a cavernous feel too it which takes away from the intimidation factor.

The “wave” effect on their South stand ruins that stand as well imo.

BMD feels a lot tighter/compact.

I said that a while ago and a spurs fan on here lost the plot. It is very similar to the emirates and beneficias, but they’ve made it more steep and added a single stand. Some people find this mad but the curvature in stadiums is less intimidating than straight horizontal stands, such as dortmunds.

Then again people believe playing in red is more psychologically intimidating than other colours.

Still boss though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back