New Everton Stadium

Thanks.

I've had a flick through the planning docs (it's always such a chore doing that!) and I can't see anything. But the planning portal has changed and there are loads of associated applications and I don't have time to work through all of them...

I have had a look at some renders, and I can't see any sign of it on those... it really looks to me from the drone footage that it won't be visible above ground, but perhaps I'm wrong.

View attachment 261242

I can only find this which was one of the earlier renders, I swear I have seen it within a later more detailed document from Buro Happold, but it was far less prominent - like just visible.

Screenshot_20240618_083115_Gallery.jpg

I can only find this which was one of the earlier renders, I swear I have seen it within a later more detailed document from Buro Happold, but it was far less prominent - like just visible.

View attachment 261248
Ah, I remember that now you post it! Thanks for digging it out.

There are loads of documents on the planning portal detailing changes in levels, I wonder if it’s just under the ground now?

Ah, I remember that now you post it! Thanks for digging it out.

There are loads of documents on the planning portal detailing changes in levels, I wonder if it’s just under the ground now?

Everything is possible! It doesn't look that deep to have all the drainage and soil heating underneath, then again it's just the apron so it probably doesn't need it. I still believe the top will be level with the pitch and perhaps the people behind the South stand will see a bit more sticking up as it drops a few inches in-between.

Everything is possible! It doesn't look that deep to have all the drainage and soil heating underneath, then again it's just the apron so it probably doesn't need it. I still believe the top will be level with the pitch and perhaps the people behind the South stand will see a bit more sticking up as it drops a few inches in-between.

Yeah that would be a nice touch if the wall was visible on the outside of it for those in the South stand. So it's almost like a mini trench for stewards to walk along. I think it would be far away enough from the pitch that no one should be falling down it.

I remember when it was proposed in the pic you posted, would have been a good feature though not sure about the H&S implications.

I also remember reading some away turnstiles will actually have the dock wall under their feet so I was off the impression the entrance level is now the same height as those stones were. Could be wrong though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back