New Everton Stadium

It was called the Shoalway, I was watching it day and night on a shipping app.
Nearly had a breakdown when it was moored up in a dock for a couple of days.
Actually timed its trips to capture live footage of it pumping the fluidised sand into the dock..
Sad sack I know 😂
you weren't on your own with that Noggsy, I wore out my refresh screen button on those few weeks

🚨 3 years ago today, Everton FC got the keys to Bramley Moore Dock.

I've captured it from day one...

For 11 mins, watch how a dock filled with water, becomes what will arguably be in Dec 2024, one of the most iconic football stadiums in the world 🌍

Brilliant. Thanks for that.

Reminded me of our extension. Structure thrown up in days. The rest took aaaages.

And by God, we were lucky with the weather.

Never rained once... Surely we should have been finished ages ago.

FFS Everton.

The funniest bit about this build
is it’s been done at same time as a roof conversion in anfield that was done by billy smarts circus and STILL isn’t done properly!!!
Well, the O'Rourkes were involved so it was bound to be successful. 😃

My surname is Mac Thighernáin in Irish, meaning son of Tighernáin - our family is descended from Tighernáin O'Rourke!! 😜Strong connections with Cavan and Leitrim which is the area of the Kingdom of Breifne.

Tighernáin O'Rourke was King of Breifne in the 12th century. He was betrayed and killed in 1172 during a so-called parley with reps of the tribes who had invited the Norman invaders to Ireland in 1169. The Normans were also present.

Anyway, very pleased with the excellent work carried out by his descendants in the construction of our beautiful new stadium 😁.

@Taifi gorm @Armaghtoffee @Eggs

The current Chieftain of the O'Rourke Clan is G Philip O'Rourke who lives (unfortunately) in Lahndan'.

Well, the O'Rourkes were involved so it was bound to be successful. 😃

My surname is Mac Thighernáin in Irish, meaning son of Tighernáin - our family is descended from Tighernáin O'Rourke!! 😜Strong connections with Cavan and Leitrim which is the area of the Kingdom of Breifne.

Tighernáin O'Rourke was King of Breifne in the 12th century. He was betrayed and killed in 1172 during a so-called parley with reps of the tribes who had invited the Norman invaders to Ireland in 1169. The Normans were also present.

Anyway, very pleased with the excellent work carried out by his descendants in the construction of our beautiful new stadium 😁.

@Taifi gorm @Armaghtoffee @Eggs

The current Chieftain of the O'Rourke Clan is G Philip O'Rourke who lives (unfortunately) in Lahndan'.

Excellent my son, you will now be known as Bob the Builder Bluerover………

🚨 3 years ago today, Everton FC got the keys to Bramley Moore Dock.

I've captured it from day one...

For 11 mins, watch how a dock filled with water, becomes what will arguably be in Dec 2024, one of the most iconic football stadiums in the world 🌍

Brilliant vid mate.

I can imagine the club will release a time lapse video too.

It was called the Shoalway, I was watching it day and night on a shipping app.
Nearly had a breakdown when it was moored up in a dock for a couple of days.
Actually timed its trips to capture live footage of it pumping the fluidised sand into the dock..
Sad sack I know 😂

Literally built from the banks of the royal blue Mersey.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back