New Everton Stadium

Yeah I was thinking more lower GA and I'm sure the away section will be segregated off aswell (for obvious reasons)

Yeah I'm interested to see what the plans are for it. The upper south is surely isolated, not too sure I'd like to sit there tbh. The view of the city is decent but the bars being centralised seems very generic and doubt it will have more food and drink options in a bigger concourse area.

Hes spot on imo. It looks incredibly bland from the inside and quite small.
.........Isnt small the point? It looks smaller because the fans are right up on the pitch which is what EVERYONE screamed about, and now it doesnt look wide and spacious and grandiose enough? How much more exciting is an empty Signal Iduna Park, that we should be changing?

Yeah I'm interested to see what the plans are for it. The upper south is surely isolated, not too sure I'd like to sit there tbh. The view of the city is decent but the bars being centralised seems very generic and doubt it will have more food and drink options in a bigger concourse area.

You can walk around to the south upper...

Screenshot_20240228_200204_Chrome.jpg

.........Isnt small the point? It looks smaller because the fans are right up on the pitch which is what EVERYONE screamed about, and now it doesnt look wide and spacious and grandiose enough? How much more exciting is an empty Signal Iduna Park, that we should be changing?
I don't think any new stadium looks particularly exciting. None of them have any character which was the whole point.

Needless to say I don't think the past 5 years of misery and God knows how long of future suffering will have been worth it for this "upgrade" over Goodison

Needless to say I don't think the past 5 years of misery and God knows how long of future suffering will have been worth it for this "upgrade" over Goodison

Again I see this point a lot and it doesn't hold water. If we didn't have a new stadium it's not like we would have been able to spend that money on the team, we had already blown PSR through player trading and high value contracts.

The stadium is the thing that will hopefully allow us to free up some cash to go forward. Staying at Goodison would have seen us dwindle even further into the has beens. Once players started picking mid-level (at best) clubs over us then we have lost the ability of trading on our great name alone. Other clubs earn close enough to us to stop us from having an advantage we cannot fail to be ahead, this is where we need to get to again. Only by having the pull of a big stadium and the income it generates can we start to pull above those teams again.

Hes spot on imo. It looks incredibly bland from the inside and quite small.
I mean what is the inside of a football stadium supposed to look like that makes one significantly different to another?
Least ours still have 4 distinct sides rather than a plain bowl.
You expecting a view of herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plain?

Again I see this point a lot and it doesn't hold water. If we didn't have a new stadium it's not like we would have been able to spend that money on the team, we had already blown PSR through player trading and high value contracts.

The stadium is the thing that will hopefully allow us to free up some cash to go forward. Staying at Goodison would have seen us dwindle even further into the has beens. Once players started picking mid-level (at best) clubs over us then we have lost the ability of trading on our great name alone. Other clubs earn close enough to us to stop us from having an advantage we cannot fail to be ahead, this is where we need to get to again. Only by having the pull of a big stadium and the income it generates can we start to pull above those teams again.
I simply don't see this being true, or at very least extremely optimistic. It will take us from the 10th biggest stadium in the league (which we own) to the 8th biggest. And we will probably drop back down to 9th once Stamford Bridge gets re-done in the next few years. The debt that it has brought will mean any increase in revenue is going to be offset for years. Any immediate money back will be from selling the stadium and then renting it back. The stadium revenue is not gonna move the needle at all.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back