New Everton Stadium

You know for a fact dyche would insist on the roof being open

Just to clarify mate, I actually meant a permanent roof with hydroponics. Maybe its a bonkers idea, idk. I have loads of crazy ideas. I was wondering last night if a team of drones could hold a lightweight roof of sorts in place for events 😂 I took my self to bed shortly after.

Just to clarify mate, I actually meant a permanent roof with hydroponics. Maybe its a bonkers idea, idk. I have loads of crazy ideas. I was wondering last night if a team of drones could hold a lightweight roof of sorts in place for events 😂 I took my self to bed shortly after.

This was looked at as an option for the 2022 world cup to reduce the effect of the sun on players had it been held in Summer.

Nobody suggested to play the games at night.......

Hydroponics? They gonna have a haze der lad with a few helmet hair lads in 110s wearing montirex clambering on the roof for it.

BMD will have to have by law 3 test events all football orientated, small scale, medium and full capacity..fans that are invited will have to partake in tests such as an evacuation etc. Coach parking, although not announced where, will be about the same distance away from the ground as Priory road but they MAY charge to park. EFC do not have the keys to BMD yet and expect to get them around Xmas, sometime in the new year they will have an open session for all supporters clubs to visit at the same time for about 30 minutes only. This will not be a choose your seat event, merely an orientation visit. They would not be drawn on new ticket prices, but if you are on the ST waiting list don't get your hopes up as the implications given seemed to be that they want as many of the extra 12k of seats to be high yield (their words) as possible i.e. Far eastern tourists paying a premium who will spend a fortune in the shop on their only visit (my words not theirs but that was my impression).

Suspected this would be the case. Whilst it is great we have so many season ticket holders, financially they're not the best for the club. Regular attendees will spend less per head than those that come occasionally or as a one-off when visiting the City. I believe the Tunnel Club is only going to be available on a match by match basis which is a good idea.

Going to be a lot of disappointed fans on that season ticket waiting list!

Building on your drones idea you could then just fly the roof off to provide the next event with cover from the rain - eg the cricket, Glastonbury, peoples barbecues, etc etc

Patent it and get on dragons den immediately

Suspected this would be the case. Whilst it is great we have so many season ticket holders, financially they're not the best for the club. Regular attendees will spend less per head than those that come occasionally or as a one-off when visiting the City. I believe the Tunnel Club is only going to be available on a match by match basis which is a good idea.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on how many extra will be issued, I’m in the 3000-3500 band and my son 4-4500. I was thinking we would be both be ok…. Not so sure now

I never thought there would be more than a couple of thousand anyhow. I just hope it still is around that number given the wording.

The ST waiting list should evaporate after the first few seasons imho. Prices, different match day feeling compared with Goodison for the older folks and better ticket availability will slash the membership and ST renewals.

I never thought there would be more than a couple of thousand anyhow. I just hope it still is around that number given the wording.

The ST waiting list should evaporate after the first few seasons imho. Prices, different match day feeling compared with Goodison for the older folks and better ticket availability will slash the membership and ST renewals.
I’d be gutted if that’s the case, was hoping 5000 extra would be issued. That might be wishful thinking now

Imagine being a kopite and seeing that brand new stadium. They must feel sick.

Haha.
They do. That's why they're spouting utter nonsense online everywhere to hide the fact that they're in awe of the new ground. "OoO, iT lOoKs LiKe A bIg TeScO!"

I just don't understand why some can't just admit their actual feelings, I openly to say to people that I think their enormous silver crest against the brick work on the new main stand they've got looks excellent and would hope that there'd be something similar at Bramley Moore.

Bitter b******s!

When it comes to roof lines Tom, do you think the decision to not extend it further by an additional 5-10m is a cost saving exercise or for aesthetic reasons?

You'd imagine they had all kinds of weather data at their disposal where they could manipulate wind/rain in all directions on a model which would show that the front 5-7 rows will be severely exposed to grim weather.

I just wonder what the thinking is when it comes to decisions like this and whether it's a cost saving exercise or has things to do with weight dispersion

Yes, there could be a cost-saving factor, but I think it would've been a small percentage of the overall cost to provide much better coverage. I think Meis said at the time that a closing roof would add £80m. Which is only about total 10% of the cost. Of course that will depend on the type of roof/materials used. I was surprised to see that BMD's roof was multi-layered. Material and construction costs could've been saved there, and perhaps the curved barrel sections could've been in some polycarbonate alternative. Similar for the black paneling, which are essentially aesthetic detailing..... to increase functional performance.

For me, good weather protection is as fundamental as a good view in a new stadium. Especially at the cost of the project and the probable cost of tickets. Just seems so contradictory to see fans sitting in so called "state of the art" stadia deserting their seats or needing plastic ponchos to sit in expensive seats.

Bilbao had to extend their roof retrospectively because of this issue.

When it's all but completed and the environment is safe and secure it would be great if the Club could organise a week of 'open days' so that fans - for a token fee which all goes towards local EITC charities - can gain supervised access to the stadium and have a look around just to get a feel of our new home.
I might be wrong, but I suspect they might have to. The place is that big and everything so new, they might need a certain percentage of fans who can orientate themselves around the ground. I'll be following them around for the first match just like a kid on his first day at school.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back