New Everton Stadium

This is the section submitted for planning. There is very little difference between the upper and lower South.

The max steepness according to the Design & Access Statement is 35 degrees which i expect applies to all the upper tiers with the lower tiers varying.

View attachment 274756

Are people sure the upper and lower concourse are shared? Not doubting it as that could be amazing, as the north lower looks tiny!

They're getting worried now.
They all know how big a club Everton are.
They can't point and laugh at us anymore.
They can't claim the new ground is just a pipe dream.
They can see it growing every day into our new home that they'll all envy.
They know already what it stands for.
They know that the stadium plus this pending takeover could be the kick up the arse we've needed for the best part of 30 yrs and they're worried.
They know what a successful Everton mean and they're scared.
They're shitting themselves that we reclaim our place at the top of the game and push their little piss ant clubs back beneath us where they belong.
We'll show them that Nil Satis Nisi Optimum ain't just a bunch of words my son.

God bless.

W
Just perusing the Echo's article showing some photos of the details at the new ground.

We're so used to seeing it aerially, and at a distance - which is absolutely not how we'll experience it. Seeing Goodison from the air is nothing like the experience of being there.

So getting ground-level pictures of obscure things is closer to what you notice when you're actually there.

The first thing that leapt out to me was how brilliant the brickwork looks. I've been a bit wary about that, but it looks like it's starting to bed in. A bit more randomised weathering of the bricks and it'll look better still:

0_h_00068418.jpg

I also think the black panels look great in this, and look more like windows than I was expecting.

0_h_00068430.jpg

Love the lighting detail on these escalators.

0_h_00068424.jpg

And of course the Archibald Leitch trim on the fencing:

0_h_00068420.jpg

Once this place is ready for match day, I think we're going to be totally blown away by it.

Where about are those cool neon lights?

Be interesting to see on what page the first mention of BMD was. I see even on the first couple of pages in April 2014 there were some people suggesting Clarence Dock / north docks area etc, but the consenus back then was it'd never happen
Actually, is this the firt mention of it, on page 638? June 2016.

Peel have a bit of history of filling in docks to create land for developments , this wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if something like Bramley Moore and other docks were filled in !

Be interesting to see on what page the first mention of BMD was. Search function only does 10 pages of results I think. I see even on the first couple of pages in April 2014 there were some people suggesting Clarence Dock / north docks area etc, but the consenus back then was it'd never happen
I remember going looking for this ages ago.

It’s a right pain in the neck!

Pretty sure it came up when we found out there were two sites in consideration: Stonebridge Cross and Bramley Moore.

That was sometime before May 2016, judging by this article: https://stadiumdb.com/news/2016/05/liverpool_everton_shifts_stadium_plans

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back