New Ground...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal

Player Valuation: £40m
It looks like Goodison's time may be up soon, With the Kirkby deal getting closer and closer.

What do you want?

Do you want to move or stay?

I also dont think we will be able to fill a new ground.

Considering we dont fill Goodison

GP has been my friend, my church my place of worship for nearly 50 years. I've seen all the greats play there Pele, Matthews, Young, Charlton (Jack that is the other one is a [Poor language removed]), Best and many many more but it is time to go. Friends have had ashes scattered, I have turf from GP growing in my back garden and I will sob when we go, gutted, but go we must that is the future. I recall many 70,000 plus gates, now we are lucky to get half of that so people want comfort, clear views and decent amenities, Goodison can't provide them nor can the surrounding area.

It will be a very sad day when we move but with luck that will not be too far in the future.

MODS If Herewego comes in shoot the [Poor language removed] please.:o :eek:

of course it is time to leave goodison. it is like a faithful old dog. you love it, it loves you. but as time goes by it becomes slower and deafer and weaker. the time comes when you have to reach for the shot gun and blow the mother away.

but in no way do i want the stadium outside liverpool. we are not nomads. we are everton. i'm all for stadium change WITHIN the city.

Thats has become the big bug bear, is Kirkby a part of Liverpool, according to most you live there yes is the only answer. The site is about three miles from GP, access is far better although they coul;d improve the rail link to have a station alongside the ground.

It is not the actual sighting of the stadium that concerns me rather its design. This must be dependent on many factors such as, alternative usage, future attendence forecasts, proximity of the fans, acoustics and if we have a bloody Tesco under the main stand.

I also believe that a full rebuild at GP must not be ruled out if at all possible. That would mean us playing 'elsewhere' for a season or two, it would appear that the club have not yet dismissed this idea.

the whole tesco thing in the stadium is not as bad as we all might think. can anyone spot the supermarket in the seoul world cup stadium? the way it is hidden away is cool. and it is a massive supermarket!!!

Last edited:

I honestly believe that the bulk of blues woulkd like to stay but it just isn't feasible. Any way I don't want to play games at the Tescodrome or similar I rather keep our dignity

I think the important factors are respect and pride, give them to both Goodison and the new place.

As far as the new place goes, I don't want a company sponsored name, there is NO pride in that.
It also has to have the fans close to the pitch, if not we will lose the legendary atmosphere of Goodison, which would be a tragedy.

I'd also like there to be a museum at the new ground, showing new stuff from the france collection and other stuff every few months or so, show classic games on tv's that kind of thing, surely this would inject a bit of history into a new ground?

Now I know you won't like this, but in the TW mailbag, everybody is against the move, so much so you could call them anti-moving. But, they ran a poll, fr a long assed-time, about this question, and the result was overwhelmingly in favor of moving to Kirkby.

Now I know you won't like this, but in the TW mailbag, everybody is against the move, so much so you could call them anti-moving. But, they ran a poll, fr a long assed-time, about this question, and the result was overwhelmingly in favor of moving to Kirkby.

You know why don't you Dylan, its to be built on land owned by a certain 'herewego':) :) :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back