New Ground...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can't describe how much i am against moving to kirby. it may only be a couple of miles away from gp, but do we really want to leave the city??

i can't describe how much i am against moving to kirby. it may only be a couple of miles away from gp, but do we really want to leave the city??

Every ground we have ever played at has origionally been "out of the city".

Within a few years of the ground being built, it will be classed as 'Liverpool'. To me, it already is. When I receive mail, it always says Liverpool on.

I think we've got to move. although Goodison has been great and we've all got terrific memories there, at the end of the day it ain't good enough. There are very few places available to sit where you get anything like a decent view. A new stadium would get rid of this problem, as well as allowing more fans to see the games. This bollocks about moving out of the city is rubbish. I thought Kirkby WAS in Liverpool until this story brought it up, it's only 4 miles from GP for gawd's sake! I've got no problems with it having a Tesco there or anything, as long as it's not a commercial name to the stadium, that would suck.

sure thing. but i still have no desire to have all this one city, one team from the red [Poor language removed].

let em have it, I don't care.

remember - "We don't care what the red [Poor language removed] say, what the [Poor language removed] do we care!"

and like Danny says, give it a year and they will draw a line around Kirkby and say it is in Liverpool, in which case we will have the last laugh.

we'll move to the new stadium and the media will all say how we have moved out of the city. every supporter of any club will be calling everton plastic scousers- fuelled by the rs no doubt.

i'm not sure if a year later page 17 of the nationals coverage that kirby is now liverpool will repair the damage.

any new ground will be different, will never have the same atmosphere as goodison. outside it may well resemble a shed, but inside its what dreams are made of

Not sure I'm with ya teppic, you would rather stay at Goodison than move 3 miles down the road just cos you don't want to put up with the rs?

I don't listen or read what they say anyway, so who cares! :D

No media outlet with any credability will say anything like that, 3 miles is nothing and in this case a border on a line means nothing.

Like danny said, every time we have moved to a new ground it has been outside of the cities boundries... so.. why care now?

we'll move to the new stadium and the media will all say how we have moved out of the city. every supporter of any club will be calling everton plastic scousers- fuelled by the rs no doubt.

i'm not sure if a year later page 17 of the nationals coverage that kirby is now liverpool will repair the damage.

And then it may be a good time to remind them that the current city boundary runs right through the centre of the kop. ;)

If as looks the case re-development is not an option, then we will have no choice but to move if we are to keep up with the other " big " teams.
It'll be an emotional day when it does happen but if it's for the best so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back