New Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seen a few people say that we will be going with Castore next, hopefully not they look like a disaster!

Villa players have complained of the material causing excess sweat, apparently Castore are remaking the player versions of the kit ASAP. It is strange because the word was Nike were making a comeback not that long ago. I think all that will be changed though when 777 come in, no doubt they will want an American brand like Nike

Villa players have complained of the material causing excess sweat, apparently Castore are remaking the player versions of the kit ASAP. It is strange because the word was Nike were making a comeback not that long ago. I think all that will be changed though when 777 come in, no doubt they will want an American brand like Nike
777 will want the kit manufacturer that offers the best financial return, and rightly so.

I very much hope is not Nike. Their design department must be one bloke, a photocopier and a box of crayons.

This reminds me of when we had Nike all those years ago and we had fans complaining that our shirts didn't have "laser holes," leading to a disadvantage. Silliness.

More speculation that we will be going to castore next year, not sure what’s happened to the Villa kit this year, seems bad. I guess the club will just go with whoever offers the most money. Which would be fine normally. But it seems castore can’t make a kit on time, or it falls to pieces or it makes players very sweaty.

https://www.[Publication is blackli...store-deal-despite-777-partners-collapse/?amp

This reminds me of when we had Nike all those years ago and we had fans complaining that our shirts didn't have "laser holes," leading to a disadvantage. Silliness.
I think i remember something about that alright but Sweating is different. The design of the clothing can effect the evaporation of sweat. Basic idea the quicker it evaporates it helps the body cool, the problem with it not evaporating quicker is not really the weight of it but it increases body blood temp which isn't ideal at top level.

You are right, it definitely picky, but in modern game it's an advantage to chose clothing that works.

I really couldn't care less what they wear. They could have bed sheets with holes cut in so long as they play better.

Doesn't it come down to "who will pay more" though?

If Castore are paying more than Hummel and any other kit maker...then fair play. Don't like the brand but if it's more than the £9mill a season deal we got with Hummel....

And we've had Hummel for 4 years now. Was an initial 3 year deal that got extended by a year so we were always gonna move on.

Doesn't it come down to "who will pay more" though?

If Castore are paying more than Hummel and any other kit maker...then fair play. Don't like the brand but if it's more than the £9mill a season deal we got with Hummel....

And we've had Hummel for 4 years now. Was an initial 3 year deal that got extended by a year so we were always gonna move on.

All of this, it’s all about the wonga.

Tesco plastic bags could make our kit for all I care if they pay the highest fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back