New Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this, it’s all about the wonga.

Tesco plastic bags could make our kit for all I care if they pay the highest fee.
Think it does matter.

The majority of the adult fanbase might not care, but there will be a lot of kids that want to wear the kit and to have them walking around with peeled off badges/names/sponsors is just another look of us being a poorly run and deteriorating club.

They and the parents who spend a lot of money on them deserve better.

Think it does matter.

The majority of the adult fanbase might not care, but there will be a lot of kids that want to wear the kit and to have them walking around with peeled off badges/names/sponsors is just another look of us being a poorly run and deteriorating club.

It really matters. Agreeing a deal with a kit manufacturer who has very publicly failed Aston Villa, who has had clubs terminate contracts early just looks bad and we don't need more negative press, we already have enough.
It's like telling the world we won't have another betting sponsor only to go back on our word after two seasons. Granted 80% of the league has better sponsors but we make ourselves look foolish.
We are an absolute mess right now and this is a prime example of how the failures at the top impact everything else. We need money, we would sign a deal with George at Asda to make our kits if they offered the most money because we are that desperate. Same with the sponsor, morals and ethics go out the window.
And whether you're a kit person or not, it's how we are presented to the rest of the world. Quality, visiuals, optics.

I would happily go back to Umbro over these. We are obviously just going for the cheapest. Again, about to move into a new stadium and we will be playing in Castore clothing. Yet another fail from an inept board. We will be owned by American owners, surly they can pull some strings and get a better quality of kit maker.

All of this, it’s all about the wonga.

Tesco plastic bags could make our kit for all I care if they pay the highest fee.
Also weird that there have been no reported figures about the contract value despite it being a sponsorship deal. Is it very common?

If 777 have anything to do with us signing off on castore being the kit supplier, then they are as bad as the previous imposters who ran and managed the club.

It’s not just about who pays the most when there is a current, well publicised problem and issue with another premier league clubs kit.

There is zero commercial vision or professionalism at the club.

Think it does matter.

To be honest mate I had Umbro kits as a kid and teen and that happened to them too. If you wear them enough and play in them enough that happens - weirdly it was a bit of a badge of honor, though kids might not play as much ball as they did 10 years ago admittedly mate.

Also weird that there have been no reported figures about the contract value despite it being a sponsorship deal. Is it very common?

You won’t be likely to have an idea until the deal is announced officially mate. We very really get the details by the club bar “record breaking”. Though wel get an idea from an unofficial source.

I'd say having a boss Adidas kit the season we go into our new home would smash all shirt sales records but with that fanatics/kitbag deal (another fantastic bit of negotiation from Chairman Bill) it genuinely wouldn't matter. Another example of poor management at the very top impacting everything else. I'm a southern toffee and it's next to impossible to get a shirt or anything Everton branded down here. We flew out from Gatwick a couple of weeks ago and you could see almost every premierleague shirt on sale but nothing with an Everton crest on it.
again it may only be optics but optics matter.

Anyone had issues getting their orders?

Order placed 4th Oct, Home Kit, long sleeve, was due 12th, still in "processing " and the help/chat thing is useless.

Any tips?
6 weeks it took for my order for my this year away kit and last years home kit.
Go to customer service on the main website. In the subject but complaint and send them a email asking what’s the hold up up with your order.
It’s something to do with the disruption centre that’s causing the issues.

Think it does matter.

Great Post.

It really matters. Agreeing a deal with a kit manufacturer who has very publicly failed Aston Villa, who has had clubs terminate contracts early just looks bad and we don't need more negative press, we already have enough.
It's like telling the world we won't have another betting sponsor only to go back on our word after two seasons. Granted 80% of the league has better sponsors but we make ourselves look foolish.
We are an absolute mess right now and this is a prime example of how the failures at the top impact everything else. We need money, we would sign a deal with George at Asda to make our kits if they offered the most money because we are that desperate. Same with the sponsor, morals and ethics go out the window.
And whether you're a kit person or not, it's how we are presented to the rest of the world. Quality, visiuals, optics.
Great read.

I would happily go back to Umbro over these. We are obviously just going for the cheapest. Again, about to move into a new stadium and we will be playing in Castore clothing. Yet another fail from an inept board. We will be owned by American owners, surly they can pull some strings and get a better quality of kit maker.
You know these manufacturers PAY US to wear their gear right?

6 weeks it took for my order for my this year away kit and last years home kit.
Go to customer service on the main website. In the subject but complaint and send them a email asking what’s the hold up up with your order.
It’s something to do with the disruption centre that’s causing the issues.
Hard to find that contact stuff, got there in the end, almost like they don't want you to find it!!

They have responded to, been delayed should here by end of next week. Pretty poor all round to be honest. 85 quid plus postage!!

Gonna see if they will refund postage.

Thanks for the info 👍🏼

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back