New Stadium- How to size it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. And it won't be below 55,000 either, which is going to send the Kopite fume through the roof when they realise we've outdone them. Our expansion options will be far more flexible too with it being a new stadium.

Not really.

If it's 55,000, by the time an Everton stadium is built, Anfield will likely have increased there capacity from 54,074 to above 55,000.

We should make it completely future proof and go for a 1,000,000 capacity and hold Joe Anderson , leader of the New New New Labour party, rallies there in 2022

Not really.

If it's 55,000, by the time an Everton stadium is built, Anfield will likely have increased there capacity from 54,074 to above 55,000.

Is that even going to happen though? For one they aren't selling out now, and Ian Ayre also claimed it wasn't a smart investment:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/...field-expansion-phase-2-not-smart-investment/

“If you consider the redevelopment of Anfield Road from a purely General Admission perspective, building, say, 6,000 extra seats to take the capacity up to 60,000 would cost somewhere between £60m and £70m.

“At £12,000 to £13,000 per seat, it would take approximately 15 years to pay back, which is not a smart investment for the business. Therefore the Club needs to find a rounded solution that’s in the best interests of the football club.”

If they do go higher than 55,000 then I'm not too bothered anyway. I'd rather play in a 55,000 seater at BMD in a new Stadium with great views all round than their (possible) 58,000 seater.

The tender document states 55k; close to the pitch, steep sides, large home end; not going overboard on hospitality; potential to expand

Tender documents for stadia usually understate the extent of the prospective capacity.

The rest of that sounds great, though.

Not really.

That's right. The redevelopment of the Anfield Road Stand is still very much in the pipeline. And that would take them up to around 61,000, making Anfield almost as big as Tottenham's new stadium.

That's right. The redevelopment of the Anfield Road Stand is still very much in the pipeline. And that would take them up to around 61,000, making Anfield almost as big as Tottenham's new stadium.

I'm sure I read somewhere that if they want to redevelop the Anfield Road Stand that they had to confirm it by this September. I can't remember what it was I read and where I read it ( may have been on here) but it deffo had something to do with a planning application needed to be in or some kind of application expired in September otherwise they would have to re submit whatever it is i am waffling about.

Status
Not open for further replies.