New Stadium New Tune

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some people are terrified of losing anything traditional as that is all we have.

The club is a bit of a museum, but the ground move is a chance to embrace a bit of change and be a bit more forward looking. Getting rid of a 60 year old TV theme (or at least taking away its prominence) should be step one.

Seen a few strange takes about the new stadium being a cue to ditch all current club traditions lately.

It's like when your local pub gets renovated and they rip out the stone floors and log burners and 'modernise' it with flatscreen TVs, Union Jack cushions and those hilarious gin pun posters.
I'm all for tradition but the "Jukebox" needs updating

I think some people are terrified of losing anything traditional as that is all we have.

The club is a bit of a museum, but the ground move is a chance to embrace a bit of change and be a bit more forward looking. Getting rid of a 60 year old TV theme (or at least taking away its prominence) should be step one.

….is it ok if we still play in Royal Blue and keep ‘The Toffees’ tag? 😥

MV5BMjAyY2NmZjItOTFiMC00YjcyLTk4NTAtYzIwYjVjZTRhNjNkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

Had a good theme tune.

This is true. We are stuck in some kind of time capsule, we should be focusing on the next generation of fans not pandering to old arses.

It's not like it's even unique to us with Watford doing it and the only time I want to ever be associated with them is 'I guess that's why they call it the blues' and we both are football clubs.

It can perhaps be moved to when the players come out for the warm up to still be involved. Would have something like Muse's Hysteria to get the blood pumping if I was in control of the cassette deck (bound to cassette at Goodison 🤪 ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back