New Stadium New Tune

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reasons being given to get rid are very lame, at best.

I am seeing that tourist fans may never come back if their favourite song is not played as footballers walk out of the tunnel. That the song is outdated, maybe if we get rid we can be safe and play whatever is number 1 in the charts at that time?

I think some people are terrified of losing anything traditional as that is all we have.

The club is a bit of a museum, but the ground move is a chance to embrace a bit of change and be a bit more forward looking. Getting rid of a 60 year old TV theme (or at least taking away its prominence) should be step one.
How about a 30-year old TV theme instead?

Born from an egg on a mountain top,
we are the toffees, we'll never stop
we know every magic trick under the sun
if you take our points then you can stick them up your bum!

Toffee magic, toffee magic;
Toffee magic, toffee magic oooh.

(Theme from Monkey)

We will have a world class stadium with world class supporters BUT to really grow and attract more supporters of our great club I say we need a new recognised world wide tune. It doesn’t mean we replace what we have! Look …. Man City - I hate to say it but choosing to sing Hey Jude at the beginning of their matches allows people to join in and associate themselves. Hey Jude is a worldwide recognised song and the cheek of Man City picking a scousers song BUT it’s worked for them - the amount of new supporters / money this brings in is priceless
Obvs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back