New Stadium New Tune

Status
Not open for further replies.

F8CD00AF-98AE-4DEF-9685-74D2FD07E161.webp

Don’t think we need to drop anything, but a pre kick off hype builder might be good after the players have gone in from the warm up. When Leicester first started playing that Kasabian song it was pretty cool. Recent years I’ve been there the atmosphere has been awful. The shouty folk all shoved in a corner.

I remember the Final Countdown always used to signal it was time for me to go for a pee/sausage roll/final trip to the Panini sticker swapping hut.

Keep Z cars, slot something a bit more aggressive in before it. Guitarist from Carcass is a blue. That’ll do.

We will have a world class stadium with world class supporters BUT to really grow and attract more supporters of our great club I say we need a new recognised world wide tune. It doesn’t mean we replace what we have! Look …. Man City - I hate to say it but choosing to sing Hey Jude at the beginning of their matches allows people to join in and associate themselves. Hey Jude is a worldwide recognised song and the cheek of Man City picking a scousers song BUT it’s worked for them - the amount of new supporters / money this brings in is priceless
Joined today? I smell Chico.

I think it depends on the generation. "Me da" was often used by my late mother and her siblings when talking about my grandad. I'm talking about people born in inner city north Liverpool in the 20's.
That is my parents demographic, but I never heard it during my early years in Everton.

Cancel culture at its best. Change that Royal Blue shirt whilst we're at it. Smash Bullens and Gwaldys street to pieces and throw the recording of Grand old team in the bin too. Everton is a bit old fashioned too, let's change our name. Pathetic😅

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back