New Stadium New Tune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok looking into this my suggestion would be to keep Z-Cars for the walk out, just update it!

BUT

have the Beatles last ever made song

šŸŽµ Now and Then šŸŽµ

as the clubs official song and get this endorsed by Paul McCartney himself while heā€™s still around!!

Iā€™m sure overtime we will change the words to this to blue šŸ˜ŠšŸ’™

How do we fill our new stadium each week???? Well this is how - an association with the Beatles šŸ’Æ

You seem desperate to shoehorn The Beatles into this.

I think youā€™re barking up the wrong tree entirely myself, but if youā€™re going to do that pick a more lively song than Come Together or Now and Then.

Plus it's some of their worst music, it's basically a 'kin nursery rhyme. Far from the stuff like Disposable Heroes and One.

I say something from Floyd...time-proven stuff. Comfortably Numb would describe 80+ of the fans if they were being honest.
Yeah itā€™s mad that that dirge is what theyā€™re best known for. Saying that, Megadeth and Slayer always had the better riffs (not that we should be walking out to metal riffs anyway!)

Are you saying you didnā€™t want the new stadium and preferred to stay at Goodison? Iā€™m not talking about changing traditions here, just making it more inclusive so our club can grow its fan base - Z-Cars shouldnā€™t be removed itā€™s a great walkout tune, be better if we had a live band each home game that could play it - imagine that. Who knows why Z-Cars is played??? Why arnt the club telling visitors why we play it??? Give people more understanding about our culture as a club , as Iā€™ve said we have loads of areas to improve but always on deaf ears
Are you being serious with this ? I thought you was joking around

That is my parents demographic, but I never heard it during my early years in Everton.
They were from "over the bridge". It might have even been specific to the hinterland right next to the docks. All I do know is that they all used it, as did friends of the family of the same vintage who grew up in the same area but were eventually blown to the 4 winds in the 60's and 70's.

They were from "over the bridge". It might have even been specific to the hinterland right next to the docks. All I do know is that they all used it, as did friends of the family of the same vintage who grew up in the same area but were eventually blown to the 4 winds in the 60's and 70's.
Yes, I know there were lots of very localised differences, perhaps influenced by the strong Irish heritage. I lived in the streets behind the Ogdens factory off West Derby Road, many of which were wiped away under the clearance programmes.

hear me out, ok...

EUh8M4iXsAEetdk.webp

Most clubs have their own traditional walk out songs that go back years and are just part of that clubā€™s identity, even in the modern era- Was down in Plymouth last season and went to a midweek game and they have a pre match song ā€œJannersā€ and (knowing nothing about it) was impressed as every single side of the ground joined in. A unique song to them- a bit like ā€œsunshine on Leithā€ is to Hibs.
Z cars gets the crowd pumped up as soon as those drums start after the sirens.

You seem desperate to shoehorn The Beatles into this.

I think youā€™re barking up the wrong tree entirely myself, but if youā€™re going to do that pick a more lively song than Come Together or Now and Then.
Far from desperate, maybe your misunderstanding the opportunity this presents, I know these are low key songs but so is all together now by the farm šŸ¤£ we have got to do better with fan engagement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back