New Stadium New Tune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cringeworthy stuff there
Also please remember our fans aren’t American kids having their first ever beer, they’re angry dads not about to bounce up and down to corporate metal tracks

Plus it's some of their worst music, it's basically a 'kin nursery rhyme. Far from the stuff like Disposable Heroes and One.

I say something from Floyd...time-proven stuff. Comfortably Numb would describe 80+ of the fans if they were being honest.

Don’t think we need to drop anything, but a pre kick off hype builder might be good after the players have gone in from the warm up. When Leicester first started playing that Kasabian song it was pretty cool. Recent years I’ve been there the atmosphere has been awful. The shouty folk all shoved in a corner.

I remember the Final Countdown always used to signal it was time for me to go for a pee/sausage roll/final trip to the Panini sticker swapping hut.

Keep Z cars, slot something a bit more aggressive in before it. Guitarist from Carcass is a blue. That’ll do.
What a band Carcass were, best song titles ever

But There's a Place by the Beatles could work:

There, there is a place
Where I can go
When I feel low
When I feel blue

And that place would be Everton Stadium (or whatever it's going to be called).

I would be really sad if we stopped using Z cars
As I said there’s no need to drop Z-Cars for the team walkout but I’m talking about a song that ALL supporters can get involved in - so if some tourists visiting Liverpool want to come and watch a premier league game at Everton - they recognise the song and they can get involved, sometimes it can be hostile at Goodison even for season ticket holders. The red [Poor language removed] sing ‘Liverpool’ and wave a scarf 🤦🏻 but it works for them. We need a good tune. Open your eyes - this needs to happen

Seen a few strange takes about the new stadium being a cue to ditch all current club traditions lately.

It's like when your local pub gets renovated and they rip out the stone floors and log burners and 'modernise' it with flatscreen TVs, Union Jack cushions and those hilarious gin pun posters
Are you saying you didn’t want the new stadium and preferred to stay at Goodison? I’m not talking about changing traditions here, just making it more inclusive so our club can grow its fan base - Z-Cars shouldn’t be removed it’s a great walkout tune, be better if we had a live band each home game that could play it - imagine that. Who knows why Z-Cars is played??? Why arnt the club telling visitors why we play it??? Give people more understanding about our culture as a club , as I’ve said we have loads of areas to improve but always on deaf ears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back