Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can’t drop Gomes after yesterday.
I have to agree, the only possible swap is maybe Patterson for Seamus but I'd not do it for this game and I don't think Frank will.

That 11 have to start (Mina for Godfrey obviously), get the continuity going we've craved for a long time.

Also gives us a very strong bench to call on for once with a few proper impact players to call on.

Same team and strong bench please for Newcastle.

A draw will be a great result for us, a win would be even better. A defeat, while it wouldn't be a total disaster,it would give Newcastle hope that they can overtake us by he nd of the season. I don't think we will go down now, I believe that the new manager and coaches will gradually get the team to believe that there are about 10 squads in the division who are worse than them.

I think the Newcastle game calls for a 4-3-3 line up, it would be harsh on the midfield 2 or the front 3 from yesterday if any of them were dropped. I would keep them all there and just add VDB to the midfield and drop Coleman from the back 5 with Holgate as right back. I think that line up gets us at least a point.

Who we expecting to drop out of the squad from yesterday to accommodate alli and de Beek (don't think DCL will be available)?

Godfrey obviously, I'm going gbamin for other one.

I think any changes to that starting 11 yesterday (albeit Mina for Godfrey) will have to be fought for on the training ground.

I can't see him instantly messing around with a formation and players that did so well, It'd be daft too so early.

Field the same team with a very strong bench to fall back on. They earned it.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Townsend in for Gordon for this. Going to be a massive battle this with so much at stake in the table, might need Townsend’s experience and his defensive work rate will help against ASM too. Plus in a game that should be pretty tight we know Townsend has a goal in him.

Gordon’s great but three games in a week is a big ask, I’d rotate and get him back in for Leeds.

Newcastle are atrocious and the worst PL team I've watched this season. Anything less than a win would be a failure.
Even their new signings are moderate to average.
As long as Coleman gets some help in case Saint-Maximim has a going day, we should be fine.

I reckon it will be a draw but I'm fairly confident our home games at least will keep us up so I'm not as fussed as I was last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back