Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
…presume you mean better quality full backs and the answer to that is very clearly yes.

I’ve been consistent in my view from day one that Mykolenko is very ordinary, it’s been an unpopular view on here but I stand by it.
No I mean better options as in the fullbacks are near them, midfielders support and things like that.

Better players wouldn't hurt but proper play from the ones we have is an easier place to start.

The most noteworthy thing about Everton tonight was Maupay wearing the wrong socks.

Probably our biggest sock incident since Sidebe wasn’t allowed to be subbed on as he forgot to put on one of his socks before the match.
Imagine not knowing you've got partly the wrong kit on. How does none of all the personnel around him not notice and point it out. Mind boggling stuff.

He allowed that situation to develop by not cracking down on their persistent fouling in my opinion. Was it Joelinton who took someone out on the halfway line when he was already on a yellow?

Yeah it was Joelinton mate, he should have been shown a second yellow and been off. It make me wonder if the ref knew he had made a mistake by not sending him off and that’s why he didn’t send Gordon off.

We are the new Burnley

Except Burnley played good football relative to the budget they had to work with. Their net spend was £52M over five seasons, versus £275M at Everton. Everton spent five times as much and yet even Burnley would have managed far more than 0 shots on target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back