Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They still riding the takeover bounce. But I don't feel they miles better than they ever were. Couple of good signings but the whole league is dangerous.

I suspect they could turn quite fragile if they had a dreadful run of results.

Anyways. Would love to be cut the down to size

Take the sting out of the atmosphere for first 15 and build our way into the game.

If we score first, I have the belief that we can dig deep for the points.

We are better off playing away... Our home form 2nd worst in the Premier League.

View attachment 187614

True, but at home we've played Man U Chelsea and Liverpool. Away at Tottenham (and would have been at Arsenal). It's not the best set of fixtures but
the Forest draw and Villa defeat and probably Leeds draw stick out like a sore thumb. Need to beat these tomorrow get back on track.

We cannot keep setting up to defend every week. Its become predictable already. Has to come a time where the shackles come off and Frank tells them to express themselves. I would rather lose a game having a go than be bored senseless to inevitably lose anyway
We would have to be better on the ball in possession and converting our chances to do that.

I don't think their attack is all that good at breaking down the opposition. We can go there and get a point. Three might be asking a little much, but we are capable of nicking it.

Just realised, game week 11, if we lose this game we will be 5 points worse off then at the same stage last season
But we made a strong start last year and then went on a run from October to the middle of February winning only 1 game. Even if we lose tomorrow I’m confident with the players and mentality we now have we won’t go on a similar run.

Just about to head into our phenomenal run of 1 win in 14
As it stands now we are 4 points and 4 positions worse off from where we were last season, not panicking yet but we need to get above the blue line to make everyone feel a bit easier....

1666128038232.webp

As it stands now we are 4 points and 4 positions worse off from where we were last season, not panicking yet but we need to get above the blue line to make everyone feel a bit easier....

View attachment 187624
Why would we panic?

And why would we base anything on last year when we were about to go on our worst run of form in my lifetime?

We are 14th after 10 games.

Why would we panic?

And why would we base anything on last year when we were about to go on our worst run of form in my lifetime?

We are 14th after 10 games.

That`s a quarter of the season gone.... Yeah and I`m confident we can do better than last season, I do feel the lack of goals is going to be frustrating and probably hold us back from our full potential.

So January signings will be vital IMO....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back