Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know when I started disliking Newcastle the way I do now but I really don't wanna lose to these lot. Last season was especially bad after those injuries. I'm hoping Frank freshens things up. Gana for Garner. And I know he's our #1 and probably not likely to happen, but I'd start Begs as Jordan doesn't handle that Toon atmosphere well. Gordon back in as the times he's played alright have been away from home. If we score first we have a chance. And no ASM to put Coleman in a spliff this time ? UTFT!

1666095193668.webp

-------------Pickford
Iwobi Tarky Coady Mykolenko
---------Gana Garner
Gordon---- Onana ------Gray
---------Calvert-Lewin

1-1
I just posted a line-up but I like the look of this more actually. Shame to lose Iwobi's drive in the middle of the park though.

Newcastle have been absolutely superb under Howe and Bruno Guimaraes is one of the best midfielders in the league in my eyes but we need to see a massive improvement in our performance. Our last two showings have been very worrying to watch.

Patterson has been a huge miss for us and if Coleman starts again (he really shouldn't be starting Premier League games at this stage of his career) then we have to try Vinagre on the other side as Mykolenko doesn't offer enough in attack.

I agree on this, its not like we have been played off the park by anyone, its all been narrow margins, if Newcastle do win they will have to work for it like everyone else has
I’m first to say when we have been poor. We were poor against United, scored and then didn’t create. However they scored off 2 mistakes. Spurs, again we weren’t terrible, they scored a pen off a mistake and a deflected goal. The stats show we had 0 shots on target. They don’t show the 2 glorious chances we had at 0-0 which where the best 2 chances of the game, even at the final whistle really.

We are still looking for chances and a way to forge them. We need to just keep plugging away. Fancy Onana to bomb forward against Newcastle or Palace and get his first goal.

Think we get at least a point here.
Catching them at a good time after a tough match vs. United and with Isak and Maximin out
Yeah, Saint-Maximin being out may give us a shot here. He absolutely bossed us all over the pitch in the spring

Still realistically looking like an ugly 1-1 though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back